Page 1 of 3
I really hate coming to the internet, especially the pit, for this. I just feel like I have no where else to turn to at the moment. I tried talking to a few of my close friends but they all won't listen...they've just ignored me when I really need them.

I think I've had clinical depression for a few months now, at least since mid-late May. It's been eating at me every day since, only getting worse. I just can't seem to cope with it anymore. It's gotten to the point where it has overwhelmed me and all of my thoughts. I come home and cry. The company of others used to soothe me and make me forget all this, but even that lately hasn't worked. I've lost interest in everything...including metal and guitar, the only two things that really made me want to live. I started writing a note today...but I burst into tears before I could finish the first sentence.

I've tried telling my parents about this, but they've dismissed it and denied it, blaming my music of all things. I need professional help. I don't want to feel this way anymore. I have no idea how to tell my parents this, I don't know how to get them to listen.
How old are you? Chances are you could go to a walk-in clinic and get help yourself.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
"Mum, dad. I'm depressed."

And then continue to bug them and open up until it ****ing sticks. They are your parents, so they should get it soon enough. And if not. Then call child services?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
yur parents are idiots. maybe yur not being serious enough. tell 'em you've been happy with the music before now.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Ok, first of all good on you for trying to talk to people. That's a great first step. Many teenagers go through a period of a depressed mood, but don't say it's clinical depression - that's for a professional to decide. If you don't think your parents will take you seriously then ask them to make you an appointment to see your doctor. They may not believe mental unwellness due to your age, but they probably see physical health as something easier to deal with.

Talk to your doctor about this. They can assess your mood and direct you to a mental health professional, and if that does happen your doctor can tell your parents. They will most likely believe a doctor.

Feel free to PM me if you need support in the meantime.
just sit your parents down and tell them straight out. if them don't believe you then they suck as parents. then you do need pro help
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
im sure you can seek confidential help, i mean they have that for just about everything, and depression is far more common than many of the other issues with the free confidential clinics.

or just tell your parents you have been feeling a little down, maybe soften it at first.. i dont know your parents so clearly i dont know which approach would work best. depression is very common too, its nothing for people to look down on you because of.

thats just my 2 cents hope that helps
Just Sooo Jaded!

Quote by drunknpunk204
Why cant Helen Keller drive?
cause shes a woman
You've got to keep telling them. It may get worse if you don't do anything about it. The more you bring it up, the more they will get the hint and take you in for help. Good luck bud.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
One: If you need to tell your parents, then I'm guessing your just a shit-head hormonal teenager who needs to grow a pair or find Jesus (whatever floats your boat). Believe me, I've dealt with far too many of you.

Two: You don't ever think you are clinically depressed. You'll know, and you'll have a lot more pressing issues on your mind pertaining to how you function as a person on a daily basis.

Jack-off and go to sleep.
Powerslave, the metal forum regulars are here for you. We can help you cheer up and feel good again. Talk to us through PMs and stuff. Or post this message in Docking and we can talk about it there. You'll just get "lol kil urself" in the pit.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Maybe your parents just don't take you seriously because you're in your teens, if you are. You do not know what the cause of depression is? Try finding the root of it. Maybe you haven't had a girlfriend in a long time (or never), maybe you don't like your looks, your hair? maybe you're jealous of your friends because they succeed at something you don't? How is school going?

These are all factors that cause depression. I suggest bringing it up to your parents by really making a point about how serious you are, telling them you've never been this serious in your whole life. Bring in all the details about how you randomly start crying when coming home from work etc. If they don't listen to you then, it's not a sin to contact a shrink.

Hang in there buddy!
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
i didnt read the part saying you already tried to talk to them. i would then go seek professional help, there are numerous free clinics dealing w/ depression, im sure it wont be to difficult to locate one near you.
Just Sooo Jaded!

Quote by drunknpunk204
Why cant Helen Keller drive?
cause shes a woman
Show them your wrists, they will understand.
.................. ....
Smells like fish
Quote by deaththrashcore
One: If you need to tell your parents, then I'm guessing your just a shit-head hormonal teenager who needs to grow a pair or find Jesus (whatever floats your boat). Believe me, I've dealt with far too many of you.

Two: You don't ever think you are clinically depressed. You'll know, and you'll have a lot more pressing issues on your mind pertaining to how you function as a person on a daily basis.

So, hey, you're kind of an asshole.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Sit them down & talk to them. Then after explaining, ask to see the family doctor. Usually the family practice doc sends you to a psychiatrist, psychologist, or therapist. From there, you could get pills or therapy if you truly are depressed.
Doctor nao. You'll get some help from a doctor if no one else wants to say anything.

Good luck man
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Leave a certain type of note lying around so they'll find it.

Besides that, I don't know. I've been in hour position for a number of years now, and as much as I want to get seen, I can't bear to tell my parents for fear of dissapointing them.

edit: oh, so the note idea is a no-go. Damn

How about a hug?
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Dec 26, 2009,
aaah broseph, i feel bad for you mate. I don't know you, but you seem to have some friends on here, maybe they can help you if your 'real' friends are being ignorant. Maybe it is clinical maybe it isn't, i think its safe to say though you need to keep in contact with some friendly faces.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by darkstar2466
Powerslave, the metal forum regulars are here for you. We can help you cheer up and feel good again. Talk to us through PMs and stuff. Or post this message in Docking and we can talk about it there. You'll just get "lol kil urself" in the pit.

What he said.
Chin up and talk with people.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by deaththrashcore

Hello master of the universe and the almighty knowing, kindly **** off. You don't know this person and as such you are in no position to pass judgement. If you're not going to be useful then don't bother posting.

TS, if you are really getting into a position of concern then you really need to press to your parents that you are struggling, if that involves screaming at them to get the help you need then do so.
Quote by JackalUK
Hello master of the universe and the almighty knowing, kindly **** off.

Sigged.

On a more serious note, see a doctor. If you can't convince your parents to take you, find a walk in clinic. If you can't, burn something valuable while they're in the house. That should get things across pretty clearly.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
I've suffered from depression for a little over three years now. My parents thought I was just listening to the wrong music and acting like it for attention.

Only recently have my parents been told I am not just crazy, but have exploding head disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and bad anxiety. I have a heart problem and they diagnosed me with my last appointment because it's added to the stress on my heart.

I tried to tell my parents for three years I was depressed, nor do they really believe me now. I had the heart problem to help me out, but I think you should either talk to someone else in your family if you can't trust your parents, or have a sit down with your parents and explain things. Also, if you're of age, take it into your own hands, bud.

If you ever need a friend, I'm always around, by the way. =]
PM if needed. I hope things work out.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
"Mom, Dad, I want to die."

That's pretty much how I did it.

Don't worry man, I have clinical depression, as well, you just have to try as hard as you can not to dwell on it, and as cheesy as it sounds, smile more, just take in the good in life, and ignore the bad as much as you can.
Quote by deaththrashcore

You're stereotyping teenagers. Just because of our age, doesn't mean a teenager can't go through the same kind of depressing stuff. I know a lot of friends who have dealt with deep depression, through physical abuse from parents, isolation from other people, and anything along the lines of something that would make someone dwell into a state of depression.
But, who are you to say that this person isn't going through a real depressed phase?
I've been through it, I've dealt with people going through it, and you're not helping by saying what you've said.
The best thing you can do is give some sound advice and hopefully help them out, but you went as far as to call him a shit-head hormonal teenager. Now that's a little far. You had no right to bash him for being depressed.
EVERYONE GOES THROUGH IT. And if you say you've never had a phase of even the slightest depression, YOU'RE the shit-head.
These kind of topics affect me deeply because my best friend of 10 years nearly committed suicide several times because he was depressed. This is a topic I really hold dear to me.
If you're going to talk shit about someone going through a stage of deep depression, **** off, don't even bother posting, you're wasting their time, my time, and anyone's time who is here to help the original poster who is battling their depression.
I think I've said enough.
Quote by guitarsftw
threaten to jump

"I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend"

Sorry, I had to.

Anyway, you have to make them understand that it's something that's bothering you and making it hard to focus on the important things in life. It's a difficult thing to say to parents, I remember how awkward it was when I first told my parents I needed help. You just have to say it. It's the only way that gets your point across, and you need to make them understand that it's what you need the most.

I hope that helps.
Nobody here knows the kids help phone?
Call at 1 800 668 6868
I'm not sure if it will work in the united states, but I'm sure someone here could point you in the right direction if it won't work.
You can also post online http://www.kidshelpphone.ca/en/home.asp
It's completely confidential.

Lastly congratulations on admitting this and asking for help, it is the first step.
the thing that worked best for me along with talkin to a professional was acutally called releasing repressed emotions. depending on what type of things you have stored up, you can release repressed anger by hitting a bed or twisting a towel really hard and then youll be hit by a wave of the anger you kept inside, "hit" it out on the bed till its allgone. for depression allow yourself to cry. and dont be embarrassed at how much you cry. you will feel better afterwards. try that stuff and then see your parents. other things that work are also exercise, healthy eating, sleep cycles, and depending on where you live a sun lamp. vitamin d exposure is incredibly important. best of luck!
say, "mommy, daddy... I'm on the verge of cutting myself because I'm so sad. If the world is so fair, than why do roses have thorns."
Quote by natesrecord
Nobody here knows the kids help phone?
Call at 1 800 668 6868
I'm not sure if it will work in the united states, but I'm sure someone here could point you in the right direction if it won't work.
You can also post online http://www.kidshelpphone.ca/en/home.asp
It's completely confidential.

Lastly congratulations on admitting this and asking for help, it is the first step.

I didn't realize there was one. Thanks for the link, if this works in the US I think it's going to help a lot of people here.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
This.
As I said in my other post.
So, +1 to you, GodofCheesecake

Heh, you were a bit more eloquent than me though
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by DeadlyIllness
say, "mommy, daddy... I'm on the verge of cutting myself because I'm so sad. If the world is so fair, than why do roses have thorns."

yeah...... no.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Heh, you were a bit more eloquent than me though

Well, hey, it had to be said
I just really hate it when there's a post of someone looking for help.. and there's always that ONE asshole.
Well, that was him. And I said what came to my mind.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
I didn't realize there was one. Thanks for the link, if this works in the US I think it's going to help a lot of people here.

I'm surprised more people don't know about it. I'm pretty sure I've had assemblies every year of high school about it. I have a friend who did it, and it certainly helped her.
I've been depressed, I think clinically, since about September. I personally just bottle it up. The worst part is that my dad is a clinical Psychologist, and my mom is a social worker and a school therapist. They can tell I am, but I deny it like there's no tomorrow. I'm so ashamed of it.

TC, get help by any means necessary. I'm not getting help and I'm absolutely miserable because of it.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Page 1 of 3