My friend, has MANY guitars. I have 2 pretty crappy guitars, that I'm ready to sell. I was wondering how much I should ask my friend for, for his Les Paul Studio. Its in nice condition, and plays well. I'm not sure how old it is, but it's fairly new, maybe 3 years old. What should it be worth, and whats a reasonable asking price?
is it a gibson or epiphone?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
alright, and in what color? (some go for higher than others)
Lets jump in a pool

if its a gibson studio is offer in the 700-800 range. if he wants less than sick. more than 800 is kinda pushing it. you can see them going for 700-800 on ebay. if you have an ebay account look up the ended auctions for the studio on there and find the average they go for. offer him that.

also im going by the ones with maple tops. not the straight mahogany ones.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
fireburst. i only know that the "faded" models are cheaper, but this is just a regular studio.
Quote by zillafan74
fireburst. i only know that the "faded" models are cheaper, but this is just a regular studio.

750 or so.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
alright, so I'm gonna say probably $700 is a fair price, I'm sure you could go a little lower but I would only go lower if he was desperate. $700 is what i see a lot of used studios at.
Lets jump in a pool

Thanks crohny and iamwet. Just wondering, anything I else I should know before buying a les paul?
Quote by zillafan74
Thanks crohny and iamwet. Just wondering, anything I else I should know before buying a les paul?

theyre amazing guitars and are worth owning. about it.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Quote by zillafan74

umm check out the neck, some people don't like how thick they are.
Lets jump in a pool

Sounds good. Just wondering, what are the major differences between the Standard and the Studio?
Quote by zillafan74
Sounds good. Just wondering, what are the major differences between the Standard and the Studio?

finish, wood, electronics.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT