Hi I own the ESP Crying Star used by the guitarist SYU of Galneryus & Spinalcord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv4oD3m9Bec

In this video from 3:01 onward you can see the model of the guitar i have used by him.

Now my question is, does the strap you use to hold the guitar while standing effect wether or not the neck dips? I know the guitar might be slightly top heavy because of its makeup.. but the fact that he plays so perfectly in all of his lives I dont thinkt thats the case.

I have never seen him have an issue on stage playing the cying star but when i put it on while standing the neck sort of dips and it makes it difficult to play =(

I think that the strap i have is just either slippery or idk.

I hope someone can help me out =)
Last edited by Hitosura at Dec 26, 2009,
Maybe the things the strap hooks onto are placed differently on your guitar?

Maybe the wood in your guitar is lighter then his on the body?

Maybe he's doing what V players do and place a part of the guitar against your leg so it stays there instead of dipping down because there neck heavy?

Could be anything.
Fire it up, let the engines roll!
It's time to burn it down!
Keep bleeding on till the day you die!
Forever love it loud, yeah!
The strap can make a difference, depending on what it's made of, and also what material your shirt is (that you'd be wearing when playing), but if they guitar is really top heavy, then a strap will only slightly stop of from dipping down. Try out a bunch of straps, see what's comfortable for you
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
All of the guitars Syu has available for purchase are exactly like the ones he uses live with the acception of the Crying Star Rebel which i think he actually changed up alot but i dont has that one =P

Yah i did switch the hooks and i have a dimarzio strap that snaps in but i wil try out some diferent ones and see what works =3 Thanks your all helping alot ^^ i will be sure to message back when i have a new strap to try =3

Hito <3
Last edited by Hitosura at Dec 26, 2009,
I agree that leather straps, especially those that have the rough side against your body, are better in terms of keeping weird guitars in place.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.