Theres always the Guitar Center next to Fenway (although I'm not a big fan of it). Although I've never been in it I believe the First Act custom shop is in Boston. Also check out the Daddy's Junky Music.
Quote by Mutmoo
Theres always the Guitar Center next to Fenway (although I'm not a big fan of it). Although I've never been in it I believe the First Act custom shop is in Boston. Also check out the Daddy's Junky Music.

If you have a car or a way to get around there are other GCs and Daddy's within 15 miles of Boston and if you can get your ass over to Medford and check out Carlinos Guitars! It's heaven! LOL There are a couple small shops in Woburn and one in Somerville in Davis Sq. I think there is still a shop on Mass Av in Cambridge unfortunately Cambridge Music is now closed. My friends Jim and his son Jon have a great place in Winchester Mouradian on Washington St. He has an awesome shop that is where my GF got my GOTH V for Christmas. All these places are just minutes from Boston.

PM me if you have any questions

John

If you do go to GC in the Fenway ask for Benny he takes care of me all the time.
Last edited by johnro6659 at Dec 27, 2009,
http://www.bostonguitar.com/

Has the biggest selection of pedals and amps I´ve ever seen (except Music Store in Cologne, Germany, which has more amps by a small amount.) Has a decent guitar selection too.
You know I have never been to BGW and I travel as far as Manchester NH, Taunton Ma and RI to check out guitars. It's a bit of a trip out of Boston maybe about 40 minutes if the traffic is light so you need a vehicle for sure. One of these days I am going to have to go there, why I haven't checked it out yet is beyond me. I have to say not a lot of people talk about the place.

OH! I almost forgot about Mr Music in Allston which is part of Boston. It's a small shop but a must if you come to Boston. I have been going to that store since the 70s It's where I bought all my Electroharmonix effects some guitars and lots of parts. He has the largest selection of All Parts of anyone in New England.

John
Quote by johnro6659
You know I have never been to BGW and I travel as far as Manchester NH, Taunton Ma and RI to check out guitars. It's a bit of a trip out of Boston maybe about 40 minutes if the traffic is light so you need a vehicle for sure. One of these days I am going to have to go there, why I haven't checked it out yet is beyond me. I have to say not a lot of people talk about the place.

OH! I almost forgot about Mr Music in Allston which is part of Boston. It's a small shop but a must if you come to Boston. I have been going to that store since the 70s It's where I bought all my Electroharmonix effects some guitars and lots of parts. He has the largest selection of All Parts of anyone in New England.

John

It´s really the pedal selection is just incredible, and they have a couple unique guitars. They have a cool selection of amps too - lots of unusual stuff. The guy that was operating the place when I visited was a total asshole though, and it half killed the experience.
I looked thru the web site they do have a lot of unusual stuff on hand. If I get an attitude that will be it. I shop at a lot of stores and buy a lot of guitars and equipment most places I go to I get treated really well and I go back. There used to be a lot of smaller shops in Boston and the area most have gone but Mr Music seems to have been the only one to able to last all these years. I was a kid when I used to go there all they back in 73 when they first opened still going strong even with Daddy's and GC not too far away. They even out lasted EU Wurlizer.

John