I play metal. Only the heaviest, most brutal, technical, and beautiful metal I can find or write. Conversely, I listen to just about anything, and I'll shamelessly cite The Mars Volta and The Fratellis as influences, alongside The Dillinger Escape Plan, Between The Buried And Me, The Black Dahlia Murder, Behemoth, Children Of Bodom, Every Time I Die, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Cradle Of Filth, et cetera. The guitarists who have influenced me the most, and whose styles I most closely reflect, are Alexi Laiho, Nergal, Paul Waggoner, Yngwie Malmsteen, and John Kempainen, and, of course, Hendrix. I could name others but few have made such an impact on my technique.
In writing and composing, I tend to favor a BTBAM approach, in that I prefer to assemble large pieces of music with multiple movements and emotional devices, and I usually shun the whole 'verse chorus verse' ideal. I don't neccesarily have a preference between solos and breakdowns, so long as I enjoy playing it, I don't care. I'm the type who will adlib fills at any good oppotunity, and if you give me a lead or a break, I'll run with it like nobody's business. I love math metal, but I love truly musical movements as well, hence my love for Dillinger and Between the Buried And Me.
I am technically proficient with all the tools of shred, from speed to tapping to sweeps and gallops and mile-long slurs in any random half time polyrythm, I love nothing more than seamless shifts from riffing into jarring fills and back again before the listener realizes what's happened.
I've worked with Protools and Live, and I'm proficient with both.
I tune to C standard, I like C# standard just as much, I drop D from time to time, and I don't want to play any higher than D standard. I'd really prefer to stay in C or C#.
I'm looking for a group of individuals who can match my talent and dedication, pm me or reply here or whatever. I want a career with my guitar, whatever it may take. I will upload recorded samples on request, though due to a faulty hard drive most of my work has been lost and as such I will have to re-record some demo auditions.
The best weapon isn't one that you never have to fire. It's one that you have to sharpen.