I am lookinf for an amp that would sound good with the MT-2, but i don't know what one to look at.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be nice.
Using the JC Clean channel on a Roland Cube 30X is pretty good..
Only real advice I can give, I run pedals through the clean channel on it and they sound great.
But, the Roland has very nice distortions already built in.
Do you use amp distortions? Or does your distortion all come from the pedal? What do you play? What guitar are you using? With what pups?
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Dec 27, 2009,
You have given us absolutely no information.

Genres?
Gigging?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Using the JC Clean channel on a Roland Cube 30X is pretty good..
Only real advice I can give, I run pedals through the clean channel on it and they sound great.
But, the Roland has very nice distortions already built in.
Do you use amp distortions? Or does your distortion all come from the pedal?

I have the Roland Cube 15x and I want a better distortion, The distortion on the 15x isn't quite doing it for me.

Does the metal channel on the 30x sound good?
I have:

Roland Cube 15x
BC Rich Warbeast (stock pickup)

I mainly play metal and i'm learning to be a Lead guitarist.
Quote by Blckspawn
I have the Roland Cube 15x and I want a better distortion, The distortion on the 15x isn't quite doing it for me.

Does the metal channel on the 30x sound good?

The metal can be alright with the right EQ, but the 30X has a channel called R-Fier (I'm not sure if the 15X has it) and it's by far the best distortion on the amp.
Well since you have the MT-2, I can assume you really want A LOT of distortion, and you can definitely get that out of the Roland.
But, I'd just really advise you to stay away from the MT-2. It's distortions kind of.. for lack of better words, complete crap. You're better off getting your distortion from the amp.
What will help us help you is more information:
1) What style of music you play (as of now I'm just assuming hard rock/metal)
2) What guitar you're using
3) Any other pedals?
4) What pups do you have?
Quote by Blckspawn
I have:

Roland Cube 15x

Alright that helps. The BDSM pups in the warbeast aren't the greatest, but they can pull out decent tones with distortion.
Your Roland will give you a taste of what the 30X will have if you decide to check it out, the 30 is just a bigger version of the 15 with more channels.
Since you're trying to be lead, definitely stay away from your MT-2. Just use your amp's natural distortions.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
The metal can be alright with the right EQ, but the 30X has a channel called R-Fier (I'm not sure if the 15X has it) and it's by far the best distortion on the amp.
Well since you have the MT-2, I can assume you really want A LOT of distortion, and you can definitely get that out of the Roland.
But, I'd just really advise you to stay away from the MT-2. It's distortions kind of.. for lack of better words, complete crap. You're better off getting your distortion from the amp.
What will help us help you is more information:
1) What style of music you play (as of now I'm just assuming hard rock/metal)
2) What guitar you're using
3) Any other pedals?
4) What pups do you have?

Roland Cube 15x

I haven't bought the MT-2 yet, but from what people have been telling me I guess i should stay away from that. And with me not buying that I now have around $440 to spend on an amp.
i suggest you don't look for an amp to compliment a pedal, but rather a pedal to compliment an amp...
Quote by The_Bosstone
i suggest you don't look for an amp to compliment a pedal, but rather a pedal to compliment an amp...

This. Like I said, just go for a good amp that will suit your needs for now. After you have that you can begin your search for pedals.
If you want a decent distortion pedal, I own a DS-1 and it's pretty good, the tones are ok, but it's cheap, around $40 bucks USD. It does what you pay for
But more on topic.. So you say you now have 440 bucks to spend on an amp. Move past the Roland, get something better, because the Roland Cube 30X will only run you about $250 bucks USD. I don't have any suggestions, but try for something better. Maybe look into getting a nice tube amp.
It's a good decision not to.
You can get a much better distortion pedal, especially for 100 bucks.
But before you begin to search pedals, get your amp first
Quote by TheAbsentOne
This. Like I said, just go for a good amp that will suit your needs for now. After you have that you can begin your search for pedals.
If you want a decent distortion pedal, I own a DS-1 and it's pretty good, the tones are ok, but it's cheap, around $40 bucks USD. It does what you pay for
But more on topic.. So you say you now have 440 bucks to spend on an amp. Move past the Roland, get something better, because the Roland Cube 30X will only run you about $250 bucks USD. I don't have any suggestions, but try for something better. Maybe look into getting a nice tube amp.

Well I like the roland stuff. Maybe i'll get a 30x and a footswitch. I play in a small trailor so it can't be very loud.
Roland is certainly a good brand for nearly anything
If you like the 15X you already have, then I'm sure you'll like the 30X.
It's very nice. A footswitch can be a great help with it too.
If you ever need it to be loud you need not worry, the Roland can really crank.
I'm not sure about the 15X, but the 30X has this thing called a "Power Squeezer". It reduces the amps output from 30 watts to 2 watts, while keeping the sustain and power you'd have with the 30 watts in a much quieter 2 watts. It's PERFECT for bedroom practicing. Well in your case, trailer practicing
Anyways, the power squeezer just helps when you're in a small place and don't need a lot of power behind you, and you just need yourself to hear it.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Roland is certainly a good brand for nearly anything
If you like the 15X you already have, then I'm sure you'll like the 30X.
It's very nice. A footswitch can be a great help with it too.
If you ever need it to be loud you need not worry, the Roland can really crank.
I'm not sure about the 15X, but the 30X has this thing called a "Power Squeezer". It reduces the amps output from 30 watts to 2 watts, while keeping the sustain and power you'd have with the 30 watts in a much quieter 2 watts. It's PERFECT for bedroom practicing. Well in your case, trailer practicing
Anyways, the power squeezer just helps when you're in a small place and don't need a lot of power behind you, and you just need yourself to hear it.

Yea, the 15x has that. Its very nice. Expecially sense i'm a night owl and thats mainly when I play.

So that seems like a good idea to me. The only thing is that Guitarcenter doesn't have the Cube 30x and a Footswitch....
Quote by sg4ever
Peavey Vypyr 60 if you're budget has gone up.

I've heard people say the Peavy Vyper's are good.. But I've never played one for myself.
It's a modeling amp, if I'm correct, right? Line 6 gives modeling amps bad stereotypes to me.. the line 6 spider III's are just terrible IMO
The Vyper must be one of the good ones.
Quote by Blckspawn
Yea, the 15x has that. Its very nice. Expecially sense i'm a night owl and thats mainly when I play.

So that seems like a good idea to me. The only thing is that Guitarcenter doesn't have the Cube 30x and a Footswitch....

Yep I found that out the hard way
I went down to GC and asked about the Roland Cube 30X, they had to ship it to me. Of course they had like 3 different Microcubes there, but not an actual Cube. Made me a little angry haha
Oh well, you can go ahead and order it from Musician's Friend.. they're reliable. And I'm sure you can get a footswitch for it from them as well.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I've heard people say the Peavy Vyper's are good.. But I've never played one for myself.
It's a modeling amp, if I'm correct, right? Line 6 gives modeling amps bad stereotypes to me.. the line 6 spider III's are just terrible IMO
The Vyper must be one of the good ones.

Spider's and Vypyr's are the only modelling amps I like.

I used to completely hate them with a passion though.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
The Vypyr I mentioned has a tube power section and sounds better than the full SS version. TS tone will be good at lower or higher volumes and he can buy the sanpera switch if he starts gigging.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I guess you should go check out the Peavy Vyper 60.
From what sg4ever says it'd be decent for you..

I don;t know. I'm quite parcial to the Roland Cubes.
The only thing I have agains the Peavy Vyper 60 is I don't know if it can be quiet and still sound good.