Ok here is the deal. I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years and am ready to upgrade from my old, raggedy, POS, Washburn to something with a little more, UMPH! if you know what i mean.

I play in a band that does mainly an experimental grunge/prog rock deal. haha.

I need some suggestions on a guitar. I was looking at a PRS, but was not sure if i would get what i needed out of it.

I'm using Orange amps, if that helps.
Good question. Also, are you looking at import PRS or US models? The US models are good generic guitars for almost anything. Some of the SEs are decent too, but not quite as flexible IMO.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by Even Bigger D
Good question. Also, are you looking at import PRS or US models? The US models are good generic guitars for almost anything. Some of the SEs are decent too, but not quite as flexible IMO.

The SE's are moderately flexible, of course not as flexible as a higher-end PRS, like a standard, but still the SE's I've played are pretty decent especially for their price.
I'm actually looking into getting a PRS SE Custom 24 right now.
What type of bridge do you want?
How many frets?
What type of neck joint?
What pickup layout?
What woods?
Anything else you want?
looking below $500

whatever i need to play the kind of music im trying to play. :P

24 frets
Marerick - consider scale length with any 24 fret guitar. Have you tried some at guitar stores? You might even find something used, that in nice shape and the right price!
Quote by Maverick1992
looking below $500

whatever i need to play the kind of music im trying to play. :P

24 frets

500 pounds or 500 USD is your budget?

Anyway I'd just tell you to visit a store and play a wide range of guitars within your budget and see what you need. Everything on a guitar has a pro and a con and you need to decide what features you want the guitar to have and not have.