Page 1 of 2
hey Bass Forum, I'm doing a research paper that talks about the pros and cons of learning music in an autodidactic way, so I need to use survey or a questionaire, so I choose the survey. the questions are very simple:

Age?:
Country?:
What instruments do you play?:
for how long you have been playing?:
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?:
how did you learn those instruments?:
Did those methods worked for you?:

Thanks in advance, I'll really apreciate your answers because it will help me with my research paper
Age?: 17
Country?: Canada
What instruments do you play?: Bass, guitar, drums, banjo, turntables.
for how long you have been playing?: a few years on each, except for banjo and turntables.
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: which one? good tunes and drinking lots of beer for most of em.
how did you learn those instruments?: practice and watchin random old dudes jam out.
Did those methods worked for you?: pretty much.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Age?:

Country?:
United States

Guitar
Bass
Vocals
Resonator
Keys

Guitar - 3 years
Bass - 3 years
Vocals - 5 years
Resonator - 1 year
Keys - 2 years

Self-expression through music.

Guitar - Private Lessons
Bass - Self Taught
Vocals - Private Lessons/Self Taught
Resonator - Self Taught
Keys - Self Taught

For the most part, yes.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Age?: 20
Country?: USA
What instruments do you play?: Bass, Guitar, Drums
for how long you have been playing?: Guitar 6, Drums 4, Bass 6 months
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: I was put into a guitar class (I had no intention of playing the guitar). After a couple of weeks, i was hooked.
how did you learn those instruments?: Guitar, a class but mostly self taught. All instruments, i learned by tabs, instruction books, and hearing
Did those methods worked for you?: Yeah, being on your own to learn an instruments seems right.
This sorta applies to me I was self taught up until I picked up a tutor for my final year of high school to help me with my major performance pieces.

Age?: 18

Country?: Australia

What instruments do you play?: Bass, Guitar.

for how long you have been playing?: bass four years, guitar two

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: To pick up Bass? My mates needed a bassist. Guitar in a band setting as a bassist I found it hard to be listened to unless I could play my ideas on guitar.

how did you learn those instruments?: I pick a piece just outside of my current skill level and learn it.

Did those methods worked for you?: Yes, although my left had technique needed some minor fixing, that was sorted after two lessons while my tutor was coaching me for HSC finals.
I am me. Live with it.
instruments: guitar, bass, vocals
how long: guitar 3 years, bass 4 years, vocals 2 years
what inspired me: i wanted to be able to play my favorite music for fun
how did i learn: im self-taught
did my methods work: i'd say so, once i started taking it seriously
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
Age?: 15
What instruments do you play?: bass, a bit of guitar. used to play piano, but that knowledge is gone.
for how long you have been playing?: 1.5 years approx
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: was looking to form a band with my buddy, and i didnt wanna play keyboard. so i bought a bass. never looked back
how did you learn those instruments?: books, internet
Did those methods worked for you?: yes, but i know little theory. hoping to get lessons soon.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
What instruments do you play?: Bass, Saxophone, Guitar,
for how long you have been playing?:Bass 5 years, saxophone 11 years, guitar 2 years
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: When I was a teenager a YYZ and Tom Sawyer came on the radio back to back and I said to myself "you can do that on a bass?" I havent looked back since
how did you learn those instruments?: Bass and Guitar self taught, I'm a classically trained saxoponist on alto and jazz on tenor
Did those methods worked for you?: for sax, very much so . From that I had a vast understanding of music which made it easier for me to learn others. bass I've become fairly proficent, and my guitar playing is a little sloppy
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
Last edited by BamaBlues at Dec 29, 2009,
Country?: U.S.
What instruments do you play?: Bass, Guitar, Piano, Drums
for how long you have been playing?: 2 years, 1 year, 3 months, 6 months
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: I like music, and wanted to make it.
how did you learn those instruments?: I got them, Picked them up/sat down at them/picked up some sticks, and played. Learned songs by tabs, messed around with some basic music theory, listened to music.
Did those methods worked for you?: Yeah, i think so.
Quote by 6stringbassist
My brain doesn't play bass, my soul does.

+1
Age?:
Country?:
Canada
Trombone, guitar, bass, drums, banjo, piano, harmonica, just recently ukulele
i started trombone 6 years ago. everything else came after
trom - school band
guitar - my dad bought one, i stole it
bass - i started playing basslines on my dad's nylon string. needed the real thing
drums - scored a kit for $115
banjo - grandparents had one. why the hell not?
piano - christmas present
everything self taught except for trombone. the internet helped immensely
yes, amazingly. trombone in school set me up with a solid background and ability to read music. learning guitar through this site tuned my ear to music/improvisation/playing by ear. everything else piggybacked off of what i already knew
What instruments do you play?: Bass, Guitar
for how long you have been playing?:Bass 2 years, Guitar 1 month
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: The need to make excessive amounts of noise
how did you learn those instruments?: Books, other players, self taught
Did those methods worked for you?: Yes
Age?: 19
What instruments do you play?: Bass, guitar
for how long you have been playing?: Bass- 3 years, guitar 1.5 years
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Bass- had friends who wanted a bassist, Guitar- I wanted to record my own music
how did you learn those instruments?: library books, internet videos and asking friends if I wanted to know how something worked
Did those methods work for you?: They're working so far- I'm in a band as a bassist and will be recording as soon as I can afford the hardware
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think

What instruments do you play?: Bass, Guitar, Saxophone (good/well). Piano, Clarinet, Bagpipes (badly)

Bass 5 years
Sax 7 years
Everything else < 1 year

Bass: My friend wanted someone to play bass for his guitar playing.
Sax: I've always loved the sound since i was a toddler and always wanted to learn
Guitar: I hit a rut with bass
Bagpipes: Strong Celtic heritage so I thought it'd be cool
Piano: Every musician needs to know some basic piano
Clarinet: My school needed an extra and I volunteered

Bass: sitting in my room reading tab, listening to songs to the point that I hated them, and hours upon hours of practice
Sax: Learned through my school
Guitar: Just watching my friends who play guitar and memorizing what they do
Piano: Half from my mom the other half from an instructional book
Bagpipe: I had this little instructional booklet thingy
Clarinet: My director sat me down and showed me all of the fingerings I'd need for the song lol

Bass: obviously, I just need more patience with myself at times
Sax: I wish I could have had a private teacher
Guitar: well enough, I never had aspirations to be a great guitarist
Piano: My mom's busy and couldn't teach me that often so I would have like to have had a real teacher
Bagpipes: hell no, I definitely needed a teacher
Clarinet: If the only thing I want to play is Eine Kleine Nachtmusic then it worked perfectly well...otherwise no
instruments:guitar bass ukulele keys
how long: guitar 2 years, bass year and a half-ish?, ukulele 1 year, keys 6months
inspiration:I don't really know, I had always wanted to make music and guitar seemed like the proper outlet. then i my dad got a bass and I realized that that was what I was made for. The ukulele was just something I picked up for cheap for fun, and the keybaord just seemed like something good to have around.

how did I learn: self taught on guitar by using this site heavily. last year I took a course on music theory which taught me a lot about music and also about how a keyboard is set up. So I have formal theory knowledge but no actually training in any instrument. Bass has been self taught by just listening to what people were doing in songs and applying scale knowledge.

I would say that this has worked rather well for me. I have had some bad habits in the past but the more you play those get smoothed out in your playing naturally.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Country?: England
What instruments do you play?: bass, flute, drums, keyboard
for how long you have been playing?: 2 years, 9 years and 2 months respectively
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: muse and queen
how did you learn those instruments?:self taught apart from lessons on flute and theory on bass.
Did those methods worked for you?: yes. very much so.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP

Country?: scotland

What instruments do you play?: Bass guitar (obviously!); guitar; singing (if it counts); keyboard (if you can call it playing!)

for how long you have been playing?: ~6 years

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: tried it in school and fell in love.

how did you learn those instruments?: self taught

Did those methods worked for you?: progress is much slower, but I think you enjoy it more.
What instruments do you play?: Bass guitar
for how long you have been playing?:One year
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?:Realisation that there were bound to be far more talented guitarists, so I opted for the Bass, which I heard every band needed. More of a 'there's a market for bassists' choice, really.
how did you learn those instruments?: Firstly a book, however, I quit that pretty quick and learnt off tabs and by trying to play songs by ear.
Did those methods worked for you?:I'd say yes, barely. My left hand sucks and I know little music theory, but I can play competently.
Age?: 22
Country?: Cornwall
What instruments do you play?: Bass, bit of guitar
for how long you have been playing?: Five years
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Kyuss, and a girlfriend who played guitar
how did you learn those instruments?: Figured out my favourite songs note by note, then bought books etc
Did those methods worked for you?: I guess so

Country?: United Kingdom

What instruments do you play?: Bass, Guitar, Banjo, Accordian, Violin

for how long you have been playing?: 4, 7, 1, 1, 2 years.

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Love of music

how did you learn those instruments?:Endless practice, and reading many books, magazines. Also this forum helped me alot.

Did those methods worked for you?: They certainly did.
Country?: UK
What instruments do you play?: Bass Guitar
for how long you have been playing?: 7 months
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: I used to be "metal vocalist" and after being sacked from various bands me and my mate were joking about and because of my deep voice suggessted I learnt bass. I took him up on that!
how did you learn those instruments?: A combination of friends helping me learn a few riffs, learnings covers of songs I like, the internet to help with theory and techniques and a couple of theory books.
Did those methods worked for you?: So far yeah. I'm not an amazing bass player, I wouldn't even say I'm good. But I would like to think I am decent, especially as this is my first proper instrument and the length of time I've been playing.
What instruments do you play?: Bass, Guitar, Banjo, Keyboard/Synth
for how long you have been playing?: 2.5 years.
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Geezer Butler
how did you learn those instruments?: Playing songs I like.
Did those methods worked for you?: To an extent, I know the fretboard perfectly and my playing is smooth and efficient BUT I don't know any theory and very few scales so my own writing is somewhat limited.
Country?: Scotland, UK
What instruments do you play?: (i assume you only want self-taught ones) Bass and Drums
For how long you have been playing?: Bass - 3 years, Drums - 4 years
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Bass - to be able to play with others, and Bass was the only not-taken instrument. Have grown to love it, though, and continued on my own because of the sound and underrated role of the instrument. Drums, purely cos its fun.
how did you learn those instruments?: Tab sites such as this. Starting off easy and gradually working my way up. Used "teach yourself" textbooks.
Did those methods worked for you?: I've reached a proficient standard but if I had time/money I would get a teacher. Self-teaching can only take you so far. Well, in my case anyway. I could maybe do with someone to push me into a wider variety of genres and styles.
Country?: Lithuania
What instruments do you play?: bass, guitar, little bit of drums, long time vocals
for how long you have been playing?: 2 years and several months
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: After seeing Alex Websters technical work on hammer smashed face, I wanted to play bass instantly.
how did you learn those instruments?: Self taught - tablature, videos. I was only shown how to hold and pluck the bass.
Did those methods worked for you?: Yes. I was able to advance in my own pace and play what I wanted rather than being taught by someone else.

What instruments do you play?: Guitar, Bass

for how long you have been playing?: Guitar - 3 years; Bass - 3 months

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Rush and Iron Maiden

how did you learn those instruments?: Self taught - tabs, youtube videos, etc.

Did those methods worked for you?: For the most part. I could've gone further in my guitar playing if I had been more rigid in my playing schedule, but it was fun to play whatever I wanted and not have to listen to someone teach me.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Age?:17

What instruments do you play?: Bass primarily, Drums, then guitar.

for how long you have been playing?: Guitar for nearly 10 years, bass for 4 and drums for 5.

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: I played guitar and drums so it just seemed like a natural progression to learn bass.

how did you learn those instruments?: For guitar I had a teacher and I didn't get very far with it. After 10 years I can barely play more than a few chords and an easy solo. Drums I had a teacher just show me the basics, then I had to stop lessons because of exams. I ended up teaching myself from very basic 4/4 beat patterns at a shaky 60bpm to 250bpm hardcore punk and metal on a single pedal because I couldn't afford a double pedal, so I made do. I haven't played drums in a long time properly due to complaints and not having the time so I can't do that anymore unfortunately. With bass I literally just bought one thinking it'd be just like guitar - how wrong I was My first song was "I Believe In a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness. I'm not a great bassist now but I can slap a bit and have pretty good speed with my fingers.

Did those methods worked for you?: Sure, why not? I did waste a lot of time with guitar lessons though. I know for a fact If I started to play drums again I would definitely pick it right back up again and be back at my old speed in probably 6 weeks or so.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Age?: 16

What instruments do you play?: Bass, a bit of guitar sometimes.

for how long you have been playing?: About 2 years.

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: My friend had just got a guitar and he was enjoying it, so I thought I'd give it a go. It wasn't really for me so I tried bass instead and loved it. But now occasionally I play a bit of guitar.

how did you learn those instruments?: Mostly self taught. I've had 5 lessons in total, but other than that all on my own.

Did those methods worked for you?: I'd say so, yeah. But had I had lessons for longer I think they would've helped me progress a lot quicker.

What instruments do you play: Bass, cello, bit of guitar, some keys

How long: Bass - 2 1/2 years, Cello 8 years, guitar - barely 1, keys - barely 1

What inspired you to play: Well, I played cello at school but once I went on to post-secondary I had no cello and still wanted to play music, so I started working hard at bass

How did you learn: cello - I played it at school. There was some instruction in earlier grades, but once I got to high school there was very little "practical" instruction. That is, individually; we'd play as an orchestra and in sections together but the teacher was a vocals guy so he didn't know diddly about strings.
bass - I started playing some tabs. I got guitar pro and that made that easier. I've always been able to sort of figure out the key of a song and diddle around from there, so I do that a lot.
piano - I took lessons for like 6 months in elementary then stopped cause I did not enjoy the lessons. We still have a piano so I fiddle around on it sometimes
guitar - Guitar for Dummies

Did those methods work for you: yes, I think so. My roommate is amazing at piano and we jam sometimes, and he has always played straight from sheet music and lessons, so he can't really improvise. We have had many conversations about it and he is getting better, but what usually happens is I have to tell him the note progression and then he plays that and then I get to wank around. I am beginning to think the way we learned the instruments has influenced our ability to interact with the music in very different ways. For some reason, I feel like learning bass on my own has led to a more personalized relationship with the music (yes, I realize how corny that sounds). My piano friend has always just memorized music to stone and played that with no improvisations or variants or whatever. This is the first year we are living together, and it's also been the first time he's ever jammed with someone, so I am hoping it will improve as we continue to jam in the following half of the year. I might like to take a lesson or two over the summer though...
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Last edited by NakedBassist at Dec 27, 2009,
Age?:
Country?:
What instruments do you play?: trumpet,bass,baritone t.c., fluglehorn
for how long you have been playing?: 7 years, 4 years, i dont play the last 2 regularly, it was a 1 time deal
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: fieldy from korn inspired me on bass the others i just play in band at school
how did you learn those instruments?: took lessons for trumpet, self taught on bass with about 4-5 lessons which didnt do jack, then baritone tc and fluglehorn are played like trumpet
Did those methods worked for you?: well im still playing them so it worked pretty good. im not the greatest at them but im decent. there's plenty of room for improvement on all of them
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Country?: U.S.A.
What instruments do you play?: Guitar, Bass, Piano
for how long you have been playing?: 2 years, 10 months, 3 years
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Wanting to learn Metallica songs, playing it felt enjoyable, I love the sound of a piano
how did you learn those instruments?: With tabs, with tabs and sheet music, a teacher
Did those methods worked for you?: Yes, Yes, Somewhat yes
Age?: 15.

Country?: USA.

What instruments do you play?: Piano, clarinet, guitar, bass, vocals, drumset.

for how long you have been playing?: Classical piano training for 10 years; clarinet via my school for 4 years; guitar for 4 years; bass for 2 years; formal classical singing training for 1 year; drums since I was a toddler ( ).

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: I had grown up on classical music; I sucked at every other school band instrument; I wanted to be like Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day; I needed a bass player for my first solo EP, but everyone else sucked; same reasons, only with singing- but somehow found my way into classical; and my neighbors from down the street gave me a free drumset they'd had out in their garage for 20 years.

how did you learn those instruments?: Focusing on guitar/bass for obvious reasons now; I looked up Green Day tabs for guitar. I figured out within a year (hey, I was only 11, mind you) that it was all basically power chords. I started branching out and taught myself guitar by emulating others' music. Theory wasn't an issue, as I'd learned all that from piano. Applying the theory to a completely different instrument was a little tougher, but I still didn't have to deal with it as much. When I picked up bass, I did it out of necessity. What I found was that the bass was just as difficult to play as the guitar. I taught myself proper bass guitar technique by reading the FAQs in the UG Bass Guitar forum and emulating my favorite bass players.

Did those methods worked for you?: I daresay they have. I don't necessarily excel at any of the instruments I play, but I'm learning and applying new knowledge all the time... And that's the most important thing in studying music anyways.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Last edited by MusicalMinority at Dec 27, 2009,
Country?: Los Estados Unidos (California, to be specific)
What instruments do you play?: bass. dabbled in guitar, baritone ukulele, trombone, and congas

for how long you have been playing?: 3 years.

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Jaco Pastorius, Jack Bruce, Chris Wolstenholme, and numerous other bass players with unique rich grooves and strong sense of rhythmic melody

how did you learn those instruments?: I learned the notes. I then learned the techniques to play said notes at their best. at the same time, I learned songs I liked, and learned the parts about them, so I would understand why I liked them. then, I learned the way to make my own parts that borrowed all the parts I liked. most of the bass players I liked tended to use a lot of mids and play simple variations on a simple groove or progression. my improvisation usually sounds like that. many of my favorite bassists were playing as equals to the guitarist. I can play as a support, but my best moments are when my part dramatically alters the feel or creates the feel of the music. I eventually learned a few scales, they helped give me a guide for not stepping to far into melody.

Did those methods worked for you?: usually. it takes a lot of practice to do them without sounding like an idiot. often, I am resigned to repetitive grooves, because I know the counter melody is not always the best sound for a song. with a simple groove, I'm usually not as great at holding time or locking in. that said, I think I do well at it. just not as well as if that had been my main focus. in addition, my sight reading is slow and tedious. I would make a terrible studio musician.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Age?: 21

What instruments do you play?: Bass Guitar, Upright Bass, Guitar, Drums, Piano, Banjo

Bass Guitar - 7 years
Upright Bass - 4 years
Guitar - 5 years
Drums - 8 years
Piano - 3 years
Banjo - 3 years

The creation of music, the instruments are just a medium for the music.

By studying their common techniques, learning songs, practicing scales/arpeggios/chords/etc to adjust to the different playing methods for each instrument.

Did those methods worked for you?: Yes. I established my practicing skills on bass guitar, and much of my musical knowledge grew with that instrument. Once I had a good knowledge of music the other instruments were easy to learn, as all that changes is the technique, which is usually easy to adapt.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Age?:18
Country?: Scotland!
What instruments do you play?: Bass and a little drums and guitar

Bass constant for 7months now
Guitar on off 5 years
Drums on off 1 year

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Surprisingly Anesthesea Pulling teeth, and the fact my mate needed money so i bought his old bass of him xD

how did you learn those instruments?: Eh used the net to learn a lot of things like better finger picking,scale excersises etc, help from a friend who is literally a music buff and books and general practice nad mucking around

Did those methods worked for you?: yes to be honest learned a lot from varying sources all with diffrent degree's of success.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.

What instruments do you play?: Bass, Guitar, Ukulele, Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone, Piano/Keyboard, Didgeridoo (spelling on that one?)

Bass, it'll be 6 years in a month or so.
Guitar, I've dabbled (poorly) for about 7 years
Ukulele - 7 years
Tenor Sax - 7 years
Clarinet - 9 years
Piano - 11 years
Didgeridoo - dabbled on and off for 7 years or so

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Was forming a band with my friend, and guitar didn't suit me too much, so I picked up the bass and never looked back.

how did you learn those instruments?: Self taught, using books, websites, sheet music, videos, tabs, etc. for bass, guitar, ukulele, and didgeridoo. Lessons/tutoring for piano, tenor sax, clarinet.

Did those methods worked for you?: Yes, I had lessons earlier on for the woodwinds and piano, where I got my theory down, so learning bass, guitar, and ukulele has been more learning technique then anything else.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
What instruments do you play?: Bass, Flute [primary] Keys and vocals not so much.
for how long you have been playing?: I've played Bass for 4 years
What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: I didn't want the competition and high standards Guitarists are held to.
how did you learn those instruments?: I've self taught myself everything except for flute.
Did those methods worked for you?: Self teaching myself worked for me. I'm in a band and I play bass and do backup vocals, and I'm quite good at both.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
What instruments do you playrums, Guitar, Mountain Dulcimer, Bass
for how long you have been playing: Guitar for 2 years, Drums for one, Mountain Dulcimer for a couple months, Bass for about 6 months
What inspired you to pickup the instrument:The incredibly awesome sound of the bass guitar and how it is the foundation to music.
how did you learn those instruments: Trial and error
Did those methods worked for you: In time they sure did
Age?:

Country?:
USA

Bass, guitar, drums, piano/keyboards,cello,violin, and sing

Bass-3 years
guitar-2 years
drums-played for 5 then quit stupidly
piano-been dabbling for 8 years not really that great
cello-2 years in middle school orchestra
violin-1 year in middle school
sing-been doing growls for like 8 years and singing for 5 years
bass-liked the sound and feel of instrument
guitar-just felt like it
drums-wanted to play in a thrash band
piano-just curiosity
cello-liked the sound
violin-liked the sound
sing-cuz nobody else would

all self taught
mostly except for piano and violin, used books and some lessons for teacher
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)

What instruments do you play?: Bass, Guitar, Viola

for how long you have been playing?:Bass about 4 years, Guitar about 2, Viola about 8

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: Well I wanted to do something with music in school at a young age and for some reason I picked viola, I picked bass because the bass in songs always stood out to me, and I got a guitar because I wanted one to help me write songs.

how did you learn those instruments?: I taught myself bass and guitar and I learned Viola through my schools orchestra.

Did those methods worked for you?: Yes they did.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Age?:

Country?:
US

Bass
Sing

Bass - 2 years
Singing - life

Bass - Rockband xD
Singing - It just came to me

Bass - Practice and experimentation, emulation
Singing - see above

Did those methods worked for you?: Yeeeeeeeepp

Country?:United kingdom!

What instruments do you play?:Bass Guitar

for how long you have been playing?: About 4 years , only one of which i have taken seriously

What inspired you to pickup the instrument?: I always loved music, i would aspire to be able to create something good and iv always had alot of respect for musicians. I took up bass guitar because i loved the deep tones

how did you learn those instruments?: Self taught , reading on the internet, looking up scales, tabs and YOUTUBE! i would copy cover videos untill i could learn the song.
oh and how could i forget these forums!

Did those methods worked for you?: For the first 3 years no, that was more because i would impatient and i would tell myself i always needed a teacher. But then i realised i just gotta get stuck in a just stick to a routine.

hope i helped
Spector legend 4 or

Ibanez btb500+? or SRX 500+?
PM me and help a fellow bassist with a guitar choice
Page 1 of 2