someone who's in their early 20's who can play anything from acoustic blues to spanish acoustic,to a bit of jazz, to yngwie type shred,to funk...
Last edited by lamars400 at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by captaincrunk
We call those session musicians. They're pretty common. In fact, I'd say anyone could do it.

This.

I myself was just asked to play some of Mikeal Akerfeldt's parts on the new Opeth album, and asked by Eric Clapton to have a nice little jam.
this thread made me lol
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
very, very, very rare.

raise the bar to 30ish and fairly common.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This.

I myself was just asked to play some of Mikeal Akerfeldt's parts on the new Opeth album, and asked by Eric Clapton to have a nice little jam.

How is Eric? I sent him some instructional DVD's a few years back and he improved, but he seemed a little dirty on those bends during that live performance on ABC.
I'm gonna keep an eye on you, TS. You remind me of a guy who constantly creates accounts to ask questions like this and post videos and other links of himself.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
spectaclular
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Quote by crazy8rgood
This.

Oh and don't forget. You are going to help me out by playing some of my songs live. I am Jason Becker after all.
Quote by captaincrunk
How is Eric? I sent him some instructional DVD's a few years back and he improved, but he seemed a little dirty on those bends during that live performance on ABC.

Oh, he's a lot less sloppy now, but he still can't seem to get those bends right.

I tried giving him some pointers, but he just can't seem to fully grasp the concept.

Oh, and he told me to tell you "Hi".

Quote by JacobTheMe
Oh and don't forget. You are going to help me out by playing some of my songs live. I am Jason Becker after all.

Oh, don't worry man, I got you covered.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, don't worry man, I got you covered.

Would you mind covering for me, Rivers Cuomo? I got in a bus accident, and I had to sing for Thomas Erak and Neil Peart's side project, and I can't anymore. They wouldn't mind making it instrumental if you can't handle vocals.
Quote by BK202
Would you mind covering for me, Rivers Cuomo? I got in a bus accident, and I had to sing for Thomas Erak and Neil Peart's side project, and I can't anymore. They wouldn't mind making it instrumental if you can't handle vocals.

No Rivers, you stole my beer.

There are just some things that I cannot forgive.
My jam buddy Steve (Vai) says it is pretty common, and Rivers, he said he is interested in helping out with your project after I give him some pointers on tapping.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This.

Hey, Paul Gilbert here. Just wondered if you could help me out a little. I wrote this string-skipping lick that I can't seem to play with the amount of accuracy that I would like, even with my comically over-sized fingers. Would you mind coming down to the studio and tracking that shit for me?
*parp*
Quote by crazy8rgood
No Rivers, you stole my beer.

There are just some things that I cannot forgive.

It was only because Steven Tyler wanted it and was too much of a pussy to go over there and get it himself. That's if we still are talking about Jeremy Engik's pool party.

And thank god, whitenihilist. I thought no one would help me out, but Vai's a good guy!
Those styles are all easy to play.
Yngwie Malmsteen-sweep picking, scales and alternate picking.
Acoustic blues-simple chords mixed with single notes.
Spanish Acoustic-similar to Yngwie but on acoustic and with slower rythmns
Funk- Oh look, muted strings with pentatonic scale and chromatic notes
Jazz-In the popular style, Chords and slow modal leads.
Quote by BK202
It was only because Steven Tyler wanted it and was too much of a pussy to go over there and get it himself. That's if we still are talking about Jeremy Engik's pool party.

And thank god, whitenihilist. I thought no one would help me out, but Vai's a good guy!

I was at that party, Steven is a bitch. Remember when we pushed him in to pool and he was all like "Not cool, man "

All right, just look out for his sweeping, it is a little...rough if you know what I mean.
Quote by whitenihilist
I was at that party, Steven is a bitch. Remember when we pushed him in to pool and he was all like "Not cool, man "

All right, just look out for his sweeping, it is a little...rough if you know what I mean.

Yea, and then Claudio Sanchez knocked over Courtney Love's travel urn with Kurt Cobain's ashes. That sh*t was crazy. Who invited her anyway? And I'll tell Thomas, he's kinda picky about that kind of thing.
Quote by BK202
Yea, and then Claudio Sanchez knocked over Courtney Love's travel urn with Kurt Cobain's ashes. That sh*t was crazy. Who invited her anyway? And I'll tell Thomas, he's kinda picky about that kind of thing.

He wouldn't have if his hair wasn't always in his eyes.

No one ever invites Courtney, she just kind of drunkenly saunters from one party to the next. I am TRYING to show him how to sweep a little cleaner, but it is like teaching a blind man to paint .=/
Quote by whitenihilist
He wouldn't have if his hair wasn't always in his eyes.

No one ever invites Courtney, she just kind of drunkenly saunters from one party to the next. I am TRYING to show him how to sweep a little cleaner, but it is like teaching a blind man to paint .=/

Sounds like Vai to me. I must say though, for a long thread, and with so many famous/good session musicians involved, nobody has helped the poor TS out with his conundrum.
Quote by BK202
Sounds like Vai to me. I must say though, for a long thread, and with so many famous/good session musicians involved, nobody has helped the poor TS out with his conundrum.

Maybe Joe can help him?

I know Stach is good with stuff like that, he knows a lot of 20 year old super virtuosos.
Hey guys, it's Alexi Laiho here. The most important lesson that any guitarist can learn is that versatility is key. It gets you gigs. We (those who post in this thread) know this, and we all have diverse repetoire and learn from as many people as we can.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
Hey guys, it's Alexi Laiho here. The most important lesson that any guitarist can learn is that versatility is key. It gets you gigs. We (those who post in this thread) know this, and we all have diverse repetoire and learn from as many people as we can.

That's why we have musician pool parties and jam with each other. Can you teach Vai how to sweep? If you've read any of the other posts, we kinda need him to learn to sweep.

@whitenihilist Maybe he can. I haven't seen him around on these forums lately.