i was at a local music shop the other day and i saw one, i really dig the vox sound so i tried it out, i look at the price and it said 699.99. why is it so cheap, a vox AC30cc is like 1000 at the cheapest and the ac50 i looked at was brand new...
I think it's a hybrid amp...not sure though.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Not a hybrid amp, that's for sure. It is kind of a bastard child of an AC30. It has more wattage and is supposed to be a more versatile Vox amp with higher gain on one of the channels. It isn't as good as the AC30 according to many people which explains why it is cheap. The demand is low so it might be discontinued or something. It was actually an amp I was considering a while back, but I could never try it out at a store. Youtube clips were promising though!

tl;dr
Good amp from clips, cheap because not as good as AC30(possibly).
An AC50 is not a bigger AC30, it's a completely different amp.
It doesn't have the traditional vox sound, and to me it sounded very bad, especially when compared to the AC15 and AC30. It was vox's attempt at a more modern amp and IMO was not particularly successful in that regard.
Quote by Roc8995
It doesn't have the traditional vox sound, and to me it sounded very bad, especially when compared to the AC15 and AC30. It was vox's attempt at a more modern amp and IMO was not particularly successful in that regard.

Sums it up pretty well. +1
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by Roc8995

agreed. the one i tried sounded like ass. it sounded so bad (on the more modern channel) that even the guy in the shop had to admit it sounded like ass.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?