first off this is a DRAFT of a new song of mine

AVAILABLE IN MY PROFILE

Here is a song i've been working on, very pop rock, nickelback, daughtry inspired with a touch of my needs.

the text is written but i'm not publishing it for now

the acoustic guitar intro is a little dodgy but has been removed from the most recent draft

missing lead guitars and vocal

am i on the right track ?

btw i play the instruments and it was recorded in my home studio

btw around 3:30 is the bridge\buildup + solo + my favorite part :P
Last edited by ferguson911 at Dec 27, 2009,
As I listen:

Liking the intro, really spacey, cool, and melodic, too. Chords came in, not a fan of the tone. Sounds like an acoustic electric plugged in, I think, at least. I like the progression, though. Drums felt a little awkward coming in. Like it was off a beat or something. Electric part was well executed; I felt the jump. Back to the acoustic part - cool 80's drum fill (Though, I'm not a fan, haha). Back the the chorus, I believe. At 3:30! Been waiting in anticipation. Just got louder, sounding good. Nice bass drum. Didn't hear a solo, though. Annnnnddddd, end. Rain bead things going on, cool.

So, song sounds good. What it's missing: Vocals. What needs tweaking: drums.
Quote by peacemaker898
As I listen:

Liking the intro, really spacey, cool, and melodic, too. Chords came in, not a fan of the tone. Sounds like an acoustic electric plugged in, I think, at least. I like the progression, though. Drums felt a little awkward coming in. Like it was off a beat or something. Electric part was well executed; I felt the jump. Back to the acoustic part - cool 80's drum fill (Though, I'm not a fan, haha). Back the the chorus, I believe. At 3:30! Been waiting in anticipation. Just got louder, sounding good. Nice bass drum. Didn't hear a solo, though. Annnnnddddd, end. Rain bead things going on, cool.

So, song sounds good. What it's missing: Vocals. What needs tweaking: drums.

its still a draft, solo hasnt even been thought out yet, vocals are coming soon though :P

the drum part i will be tweaking not doing halfnotes on the high hat

btw for the acoustic its recorded with a piezo, jsut for the draft as i'm probably bringing this song to a professional studio once my draft is done, to re do it
Last edited by ferguson911 at Dec 30, 2009,