Do they make an affordable (Fender or Squier) Telecaster with an H-S-S configuration?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
What's in your "affordable" price range?
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Quote by InfiniteRain
What's in your "affordable" price range?

Around $400. No more than $500.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
You might be able to get a nashville tele in that price range and put a single-sized humbucker in the bridge, but that's about it. Three pickup tele are pretty hard to find.
I think the only other options would be to route a 2-pickup for another one and get another pickguard, or (and this is probably your best bet) wire a H-S telecaster with a coil tap. You could use a 4-way tele switch or a strat style 5-way selector and have nearly the functionality of a HSS.
Why get the extra single coil? I don't think it's really necessary.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Quote by catempire
Why get the extra single coil? I don't think it's really necessary.

Well i've always liked the look and feel of Tele's. This would be sort of my first project guitar. I'd customize everything on it and have 3 different type pickups in it for a complete different sound than what I'm used to. I guess it's not necessary but it'd be nice.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
A humbucker in a tele bridge is kind of a waste IMO. The strength of the tele bridge comes from the single coil combined with the metal bridge, so a humbucker there isn't really an upgrade. A single coil in the middle like the nashville tele is fine, but teles have been awesome for 60 years with two pickups so again, it may not be nearly the upgrade you think it is.

I think the best upgrades for a tele are a 3-saddle compensated bridge, a good set of single-coil pickups, and new pots and caps. Shielding the cavity is another good one, as are locking tuners.
Thanks Colin. I just wanted to get a layout of an idea if I'm planning on buying a Tele in a few months.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by Roc8995
A humbucker in a tele bridge is kind of a waste IMO. The strength of the tele bridge comes from the single coil combined with the metal bridge, so a humbucker there isn't really an upgrade. A single coil in the middle like the nashville tele is fine, but teles have been awesome for 60 years with two pickups so again, it may not be nearly the upgrade you think it is.

I think the best upgrades for a tele are a 3-saddle compensated bridge, a good set of single-coil pickups, and new pots and caps. Shielding the cavity is another good one, as are locking tuners.

I'm working on a tele at the moment and I'm going to put a P90 in the bridge, new tuners, bridge etc. Should I change the pots/caps? How much do you reckon they would be? Shielding tape is at most hardware stores too, right?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.