I'm fed up with my Valveking and selling it. My champ is a sweet amp for recording and bedroom use but lacks the volume I occasionally need to play places without a PA.

I've been looking at well near 50 or 60 amps and narrowed it down to 2 I think would serve my purposes best based on my gear and my needs. A Mesa Tremoverb because of my PRS and because it's the blues amp of Mesa with a sh!t ton of gain on tap. And a ceriatone OTS because honestly, it's a dumble clone. Fendery cleans and creamy OD.

I want a head and a small cab (2/1x12) an effects loop, good cleans andI play everything from fendery clean stuff to brootalz metal on occasion. I need the ability to change channels via a foot switch as well, with both do. I'm not sure I want the 100 watts of the Tremoverb but I would most likely run it through a 2x12 or 1x12 which is better than a half stack. I've personally played a tremoverb and liked it quite a lot but it didn't have the creamy OD sound that I wanted. I've never played an ODS but I've heard great things from everyone that has one. I know I could drive an ODS into the brutal range with pedals because I can drive my champ into the brutal range with pedals.

Which do you think would be the better one for me between the two? Basically I need versatility and a stage amp.

I'll take other suggestions but I've looked at SO many amps over the past year that I've probably nixed every amp you will recommend me for one reason or another, so don't pull a "try a marshall. or try a peavey this or that" unless you have a bloody good reason to back it up.

ps, I don't mean to sound snotty or anything like that. I just don't want this to turn into a "test a lot of amps" thread. I've tested a lot of them. I'd really like some opinions from people that own these amps if possible. Or know a lot about them.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Dec 27, 2009,
if you can find a tremoverb buy it. That's what I did and I could not be happier. It's gonna keep me satisfied for at least 4 or 5 weeks until my tech gets a dual terror in stock.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer