After successfully completing an overly accurate paintjob on my frankenstrat last year

i have decided to do another project of the same caliber...
but with a guitar that i would actually play/use
a tele...
so i went out and bought a cheapy one
but i cannot decide on paint scheme and what to do with the pickguard...

My first option is the Black and Yellow scheme

with black tone knobs and the silver switch control cover and upper pickup blacked out...
I can't decide between a full black pickguard or half (cut parellel to the high E string but a few cm to the right of it (if that makes any sense)

OR

the classic Red, White and Black (which wouldnt be stretch considering ive already done it)

(the only picture i could find that was comparable)

with black pick guard full or hacked in half (opinions?) with white tone knobs and id probably keep it silver and if i can find a 1971 quater ill get drilled on there..

so question comes down to.... what do you think would look better..

Paint..
Black or Red?

Pickguard
Full, Half or off completely?

Thanks opinions, comments are overly appreciated!
Quote by Juninho2v
Yellow and black is the best combination ever.

I concur
So I don't get it, why doesn't anyone like Squiers?

GEAR:
Red Affinity Series Squire Fat Strat [guitar]

Little Big Muff Pi [pedal]
pickguard opinion?.... in the great words of the clash..
should it stay or should it go?
For the sake of cosmetics; go. For the sake of functionality; stay.
So I don't get it, why doesn't anyone like Squiers?

GEAR:
Red Affinity Series Squire Fat Strat [guitar]

Little Big Muff Pi [pedal]
do you think i should take out the neck pickup and fill it in? make it closer to the original? and what would you do with the silver cover?
no No NO NNOOOO

the "Franken-Tele" is this:

steve morse from dixie dregs era
Stop spamming everywhere with that photo. Like I said before, if you want it so much, build it yourself because as far as I can see, no one else really cares for your steve morse guitar.
Quote by sethp
no No NO NNOOOO

[picture]

That wasn't a helpful comment at all.
And a "frankentele" is a play on "Frankenstrat" being EVH's guitar, here he's doing a tele in the same style, giving him full rights to call it a frankentele.

Anyway, I agree Yellow and black, and I also say, the pickguard may be best to stay. Though it would look a little...out of place, if you can find a way of doing the black and yellow on the pickguard (maybe doing the "reverse" on the pickguard (yellow with black stripes) it could look a bit more helpful )
Yellow and black, and not just because I'm a Richmond Tigers supporter.

I love teles and this will be the epitamy of sex.
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
thanks for the input... i think im going to do it without the pickguard but i might change my mind after completing paint... well see... i still have to wait till the spring to paint but body prep on all my guitars (jem is getting resprayed, jackson is going orange and the tele) is underway..
They have clear pickguards too, just a thought. You could paint black around the neck pickup to hide the cavity and leave the rest clear. it might look funny though so maybe nvmd.
Ibanez GAX70 Black
Peavey Transtube EFX
Homemade Pedalboard:
-Boss PW-10
-Boss TU-2
-Boss MT-2(soon to be modded)
-Ibanez TS7(Garpatmodded)
-Peavey amp pedal/switch
Quote by sethp
no No NO NNOOOO

That boy ain't right in the head.
I say clear pickguard with the paint bit like burnout said. Best of both worlds.
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
That black and yellow looks stunning on a Tele, go for it!
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
I was thinking of a putting an EMG 85 in the bridge and leaving the top pickup dead... but would that be a waste of an emg and would it be worth the body mod?
Yellow and black would be ace. And with one EMG in the bridge, would make it even more individual

Good on ye!
I say black and yellow. You don't want to clones.

I'm a supporter of the pickguard but I would put yellow stripes on a black guard then burn and scrape it in places, maybe some paint splatter. That would make it fit in better.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls