Page 1 of 2
so after months of trying, i finally got called in for a formal interview at guitar center. the whole process was pretty sweet though, i applied, kept at it, then they said they had no openings for me. so i pretty much gave up for a bit, then on christmas eve, i get a call from the manager. wall of text short, he emailed me an interview, then called me today asking me to come in for an interview. great cap-off to my year.

so i thought ug would be the perfect place to ask about what to wear to a gc interview, because im sure a lot of you work there. i see a lot of employees with "different" hair and piercings and tattoos, not comb-overs and "socially acceptable" styles, but im sure they didnt show up to their interviews wearing jeans and a band t-shirt. but i also dont wanna show up in a full-on tuxedo and be overdoing it. so what would be a good outfit to a guitar center formal interview?
wear assless chaps and hope for the boss to be homosexual.
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
Go naked; it's the only way.
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
wear a dress.
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
wear a kilt
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by bearandtherobot
so after months of trying, i finally got called in for a formal interview at guitar center. the whole process was pretty sweet though, i applied, kept at it, then they said they had no openings for me. so i pretty much gave up for a bit, then on christmas eve, i get a call from the manager. wall of text short, he emailed me an interview, then called me today asking me to come in for an interview. great cap-off to my year.

so i thought ug would be the perfect place to ask about what to wear to a gc interview, because im sure a lot of you work there. i see a lot of employees with "different" hair and piercings and tattoos, not comb-overs and "socially acceptable" styles, but im sure they didnt show up to their interviews wearing jeans and a band t-shirt. but i also dont wanna show up in a full-on tuxedo and be overdoing it. so what would be a good outfit to a guitar center formal interview?

this.
It's what they all wear before and after work anyways.
Quote by StratMaster2

i think im gonna go with this, thank you. ill keep you guys posted.
Go dressed like some indie hipster douche; you know, scarf, thick-rimmed glasses. etc.
Go to your interview in style, bruah.

Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH

Somewhat formal, but not overly so
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by sticksause
Go dressed like some indie hipster douche; you know, scarf, thick-rimmed glasses. etc.

id end up punching myself until i couldnt feel my face anymore.
"So how about you try our new SpiderIV?" _ "Hired!"

I guarantee it.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
but honestly, i say dress casually, and smell good
be nice, and dont make fun of the boss' eyebrows
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
Quote by namesroverrated

Somewhat formal, but not overly so

This.

Leave the assless chaps at home. You can always wear them later if you get hired.
There's my way and the wrong way.
The "Brutal" employees there irritate me. They are the ones that will try to convince you to buy BC Rich's and MG's.

An employee that didn't have waist long hair and piercings recommended my Vox back when I got it. Then a while later after he came back to check up on me he complimented me for playing some old-school Radiohead. ("You".) Not only that, but he gave me a pack of strings as a thanks for buying.
Go the way all the other employees are dressed.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
dress up as santa?
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Wear a "Guitar players finger better" T-shirt.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Just don't look like a complete bum, I highly doubt they'll care, it's GC, not a real job.
Quote by StratMaster2

I laughed.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
uniform? that would be a little odd.

No more like if they're wearing polos and slacks wear a polo and some slacks.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
^bad advice. it isn't as simple as wearing what the employees wear, at all.

i mean, with these things, if in doubt, overdress. you're less likely to come off badly, unless, of course, you are completely uncomfortable wearing in a suit and they make you look like a teenager. for this, i guess that the idea posted earlier, of a smart shirt tucked into smart trousers with a pair of brogues or something would work well. you look smart, professional and tidy, and like you put effort into the process.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Just go dressed normally.
That's what I did when I had an interview in an instrument shop; and I got the job.
Wasn't really much of an interview even. I went; they asked me about my experience with instruments and music; and that's it.
They'll probably be observing you the first few days though; to see how you are doing, and if you are working well and etc.
Quote by EmancipatedSoul
Just go dressed normally.
That's what I did when I had an interview in an instrument shop; and I got the job.
Wasn't really much of an interview even. I went; they asked me about my experience with instruments and music; and that's it.
They'll probably be observing you the first few days though; to see how you are doing, and if you are working well and etc.

this.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I would wear some nice fitting jeans and a polo/shirt, but that is me, this is you.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by The Arsis
man, some of you guys couldn't be mature if it hit you in the face like puberty.

TS, wear a dress shirt and dress pants. It is almost prefect for any interview.

I don't know if I'd wear dress pants, to a Guitar Center interview?? Then you'd have to wear a belt, dress shoes, dress socks. It would seem your getting interviewed for a desk job.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Suit Up!
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Srsly, just wear some nice Khaki pants and a decent shirt (Polo, button up, whatever). You're not interviewing for a corporate position.
Laguna 422-HE
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pocket POD
(Slowly getting back into the groove )
Quote by b4t3man
Suit Up!

I am not going to suit up barney!
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Basically what everyone else is saying: Casual but a tad formal.

Oh, one more thing:

DON'T BE LATE
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Page 1 of 2