is it that the average normal person has trouble understanding how us musicians

act and converse?or even relating on a regular level?
Last edited by lamars400 at Dec 27, 2009,
Do we musicians act and converse in a different manner than everyone else? I was unaware of this.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
since when are we not average?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
^^Indeed.

Also, most folks don't care for post-hardcore industrial metal. They just like metal.
Don't confuse your social awkwardness with musical elitism.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
A "C," an "E-flat," and a "G" go into a bar. The bartender says: "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So the E-flat leaves, and the C and the G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough. A D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second." Then an A comes into the bar, but the bartender is convinced that this relative of C is a minor. Then the bartender notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims, "Get out now. You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight." The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night in a 3-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender (who used to have a nice corporate job until his company downsized) says, "You're looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could be a major development." This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit, and everything else, and stands there au natural. Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, the C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless. The bartender decides, however, that since he's only had tenor for patrons, with the soprano out in the bathroom, and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest, and closes the bar.

it may be our jokes.
i mean maybe.
its all just getting across what you really mean in the long run...

But that didnt happen.

DivinEdit: ^
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Last edited by divinecrossfire at Dec 27, 2009,
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>.>
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
No, it's that the average normal person has trouble understanding why us musicians can't be bothered coming up with proper thread titles.
Wtf we're not like everyone else????
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Well everyone can understand how I act and speak, but they just don't care when it comes to music as much as I do. Like here's a conversation with my best friend who is musically untalented.

Me: Dude! I just wrote the best song I've ever written! And I just bought a new Delay pedal! I'm so effing excited to use it at my next gig!
Him: Oh. Cool.
Me: >.<

And people don't take albums and bands as seriously as I do.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

This.

Though, the average person doesn't seem to understand why we care as much about music as we do.

I hate how pretentious that sounded, but I don't know how else to put it.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by Iivewire
A "C," an "E-flat," and a "G" go into a bar. The bartender says: "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So the E-flat leaves, and the C and the G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough. A D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second." Then an A comes into the bar, but the bartender is convinced that this relative of C is a minor. Then the bartender notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims, "Get out now. You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight." The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night in a 3-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender (who used to have a nice corporate job until his company downsized) says, "You're looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could be a major development." This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit, and everything else, and stands there au natural. Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, the C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless. The bartender decides, however, that since he's only had tenor for patrons, with the soprano out in the bathroom, and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest, and closes the bar.

it may be our jokes.

Jesus Christ that is strangely funny.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Also, most people don't take kindly to folks that break their g string while trying to finger a minor.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

+ 999

You'd better be trolling, TS
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Quote by Iivewire

it may be our jokes.

lolstack get

Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
I think that if you get into music, yeah a musician will probably know more about music than any random person. Which can cause slight awkwardness at times.

Usually though, i can get along just as good with nonmusicians and with musicians.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
It's not that we don't get along with non-musicians, it's that we usually know about gear, and we know stuff about music that they don't. Mechanics know stuff we don't, but we can be friends with mechanics, ya know?
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
It's because we specialize in an area. People that play Halo all the time (in other words, specialize in it) are going to try to tell me stuff I do not understand at all when we talk about video games because I play PS3.

My best friend is a mechanic and he'll talk about stuff I don't understand. Unlike him however, I'll at least say "Yeah, so I didn't understand most of that" and I know that when I start discussing music he gets mildly uncomfortable, not because he doesn't like music, but because he'll listen to some music, maybe buy the CD, and then forget about it and listen to it every now and then, whereas I like just a few bands, although they vary from each other, and I'll get deeply into them.

I think that if it bothers other people, than you should be sensitive enough to evade the subject completely or keep it light. You can't go bein' all musical around the non-musical people, ya see?
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Quote by AeolianWolf
lolstack get

Wtf?

Sometimes I think I'm in a different world when it comes to music, but then I realize I just don't know anyone who's as obsessed with it as I am. I have nobody to talk to about it, nobody shares my enthusiasm. But it's probably just where I live.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by kstar22bassist
It's because we specialize in an area. People that play Halo all the time (in other words, specialize in it) are going to try to tell me stuff I do not understand at all when we talk about video games because I play PS3.

My best friend is a mechanic and he'll talk about stuff I don't understand. Unlike him however, I'll at least say "Yeah, so I didn't understand most of that" and I know that when I start discussing music he gets mildly uncomfortable, not because he doesn't like music, but because he'll listen to some music, maybe buy the CD, and then forget about it and listen to it every now and then, whereas I like just a few bands, although they vary from each other, and I'll get deeply into them.

I think that if it bothers other people, than you should be sensitive enough to evade the subject completely or keep it light. You can't go bein' all musical around the non-musical people, ya see?

Man... I have a friend who does this all the time; I try to talk a bit of music with him occasionally, and he'll pretend that he knows more about music than I do. This would be fine if he did know more about music than I did, but please stop finishing my sentences incorrectly. Christ.

Additionally, upon a reread of the post I quoted this is a little off topic but I find it a little annoying none the less. Knowitalls.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>.>

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

also

One foot's both the same. It's not like you can actually decide to be as far as even if you go it's more like you might want to do when you look.
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
I've recently started drinking with academic musicians, its awful, at 3am in a bar they hear a song on the radio in the background and they start analysing it and getting all "oooh, wow, it's a deceptive cadence from the 6th!"