Spector Legend Classic 4 is the one I'm looking at specifically...is it just me or are the bodies really small? x_X Anyone own these? If you do, can you tell me if it's closer to a P or J bass?
They are kinda small bodied. I have a Europen Spector and I love it. It's not really comparable to a P or a J, is it possible for you to try one out where you are?
I want to but my parents already dislike the idea of buying undesirable (they hate bass) instruments that cost over 500$, so I'm saving up. What I'm really trying to see is what bass is capable of a TON of different tones and more importantly is durable (because the next time I'll be able to buy a new bass is far far away :P ) So yea, they probably won't be willing to take me to guitar center and the local music store (where I can say I'm going for other reasons besides bass) has only a couple Fender P and J (they're the only better basses I've tried, that's why I'm trying to get a comparison to them)
spectors are great bro. no comparison to P or J basses. i have one and would not dream of getting rid of it. plus they are very versatile.
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Alright thanks :] I'll definitely try one out but I'll keep what you've said in mind :] thanks!
no problem
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Not a fan of spectors feel wise, the body doesn't sit right for me they sound good tonally usually though.
I am me. Live with it.
Spector's curved body is unique. People I know who have them adore them. I played a 5-string Legend and thought it was a great bass. I suspect that the 4-string is just as good.
I think that in terms of that price range, Schecter willbbe a little more versatile than Spector, but that's just in that price range.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Spectors are amazing. Incredibly versatile instruments, and are really comfortably IMO.You can't really compare the Legend to a P or a J, but if I had to the most appropriate thing I could think of is a J with more balls. The bodies are a little smaller than your P or J, but that makes them lightweight. Try it out ASAP, even though it is such a great bass, it may not be the right one for you.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I think that in terms of that price range, Schecter willbbe a little more versatile than Spector, but that's just in that price range.

Not really, no.
Quote by JacoVictorKing
I want to but my parents already dislike the idea of buying undesirable (they hate bass) instruments
]

Slap them and tell them to stop being so musically retarded

Spectors are great basses but the shape can only really be compared to Warwicks, that said the tone will be completely different.
I love Spectors. When I first played one I did notice how small it is though, but that's not really a problem. As everyone else said you can't compare them to the P or J bass. They are great basses for really any genre especially metal/hard rock. Go try one out.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6