Page 1 of 2
I have no idea why, I have money and a girlfriend, I'm at university and I have friends, so why the hell am I miserable and stressed all day every ****ing day? It's pathetic, how can these problems stem from having absolutely nothing wrong with your life?

I know the obvious answer is go to a doctor, but I did that two years ago, and I'm on medication for anxiety and depression, going to therapy and counselling sessions, and having regular checkups. At the the moment, the tinyest thing can just send me completely west- last night ended with me laughing my head off, dancing around, breaking things and shaking like a washing machine in my street at 4am. That is not normal behaviour, but I'm having more and more regular breakdowns, for god knows what reason.

I can't rest anymore, I get 1-2 hours of really deep sleep before I wake up shaking, covered in sweat, with a head full of bad dreams. The only way I've been able to sleep the past month is by drinking so much that I pass out, and I'm starting on medication to help me sleep soon.

I've tried every combination of drink and drugs I can think of, a ton of herbal remedies, and the most important one- absolutely nothing, to see if I'm better when I'm clean. None of them help, and I'm out of ideas. I just need some peace, even for just one night would be amazing. I'm clutching at straws now and turning to absolutely anyone for suggestions, even a forum about guitars.

Please don't suggest heroin.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
thus is the nature of what most will call clinical depression. with medication and therapy it can usually be resolved. you just gotta wait it out and fight it off man.

you could also try some really spiritual stuff. eg meditation (already said) martial arts, etc.
just ignore it, act like it isnt there, do all the things you need to do.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Rabid take a deep breath. There could be a million things causing this but you can't really think it through with your mind racing.

I have the inkling that issues with you are not really being addressed; your mental health checkups seem to be merely a routine, or a motion you go through. Every time I see my psych I leave having had a revelation or a renewal of motivation about myself or my life. If you're far from feeling that, what has been prescribed for you is not being as effective as it could.

Do you speak to people, really connect? Lacking closeness with people around you can cause a lot of problems, I've found. Also; it seems you indulge in activities that distract you or occupy you, perhaps that could be an avoidance behaviour from the thoughts and feelings that are driving the frustration that causes you to do such things in the first place.

Either way, you need to shake things up, and figure other things out.
Join a band. Yes, that's an honest answer.

I was a living scum back then. I literally believed that there was no purpose for me being alive; that I was just wasting the Earth's air. All I loved was guitar. After getting a band together with friends and started jamming, my life is full man.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Rabid take a deep breath. There could be a million things causing this but you can't really think it through with your mind racing.

I have the inkling that issues with you are not really being addressed; your mental health checkups seem to be merely a routine, or a motion you go through. Every time I see my psych I leave having had a revelation or a renewal of motivation about myself or my life. If you're far from feeling that, what has been prescribed for you is not being as effective as it could.

Do you speak to people, really connect? Lacking closeness with people around you can cause a lot of problems, I've found. Also; it seems you indulge in activities that distract you or occupy you, perhaps that could be an avoidance behaviour from the thoughts and feelings that are driving the frustration that causes you to do such things in the first place.

Either way, you need to shake things up, and figure other things out.

Most helpful person on the whole of UG
If there is something you love doing (cept your gf) do it twice as much. Alternatively get an xbox or blow most of your money on a piece of gear youve wanted for ages and play it all the time.
You like to hit the bottle and shit quite frequently from what i remember in the tinychat thing...i'm not saying to stop (your call on that) but it could be contributing. I mean, one time you told us to make you a RIP thread if you didn't come back after getting pissed up on cam...

Also...if worse comes to worse, can i have the compass?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Cocaine is one hell of a drug
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
i dont mean to cause arguments or anything coz i hope you feel better and all

but why do so many member of the pit have mental health problems?

either some are lying or the pit just seems to be a gathering of people with similar problems

perhaps the problem is just spending too much time on the internet and this is just having a passive effect and gradually bringing you down?
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Have you tried exercise? It relieves stress, and tires you.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
TS, what university?
Quote by Rogue Hermit

You're a good man. I was waiting for somebody to step up with the obligatory "I come blood" reference.

Quote by guylee
goddammit. I'm going to bed. You win good sir.

Quote by stratguy335
Haha! You got the joke! You win a cookie.
Exercise helps.

Also, if you don't know why you're stressed, you have no reason to stress. Just take it easy, it will all be OK
girlfriend, uni, friends.

if you cant handle a little stress, ditch all 3.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Do you actually tell the psyc/doctors what you end up doing and whats been happening? If not you should.
Do you always take your medication as prescribed?

One thing, seriously, stop self medicating with drink/drugs, worst thing you can do, especially when you are on medication.
Maybe actually tell people about this so they can help instead of going to an internet forum in which none of us are qualified, seriously go see your doctors again and tell them everything
Quote by gallagher2006
Because you're a spoiled brat.

=|

Nice oversimplification of a complex problem.

TS, not for one minute will I pretend that I understand what you're going through, I will try my best to give you advice, whether it's helpful or not we'll have to see. University is a very stressful part of life with all the work and deadlines and this could be antagonising the problem you have. Also, you take a lot of drugs IIRC and this could be causing some damage to your mental health, giving up drugs might help but it's down to you. Apparently therapists used to give patients a dose of MDMA and then talk about the problems, due to effect of the MDMA, the patients would see their problems in a different light and this was very helpful in their resolution of troubles. Maybe you should get a trusted friend to sit with you and chat about your problems whilst high on a small dosage. To me, your useage of drugs seems like a form of escapism, and whilst this might help you, it could cause serious health problems in the future, so maybe a safer form of escapism would be warranted. For example, you could read lots of literature (this helped me a lot) or you could write poetry or music that expresses how you feel. Other than that, continue with your therapy and hopefully everything will sort itself out.
All the best.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by rabidguitarist
Oh my god I am SO STRESSED OUT
Surround yourself with mellow people.

Maybe try meditation?

Have a hug.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Extreme meditation.

You mean like this?

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']You mean like this?
I don't know what he means either.

Maybe he means I should try meditating on a snowboard without any pants?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Maybe you should go to bed at a reasonable time and wake up at a set time.. Get yourself into a system and if you still don't sleep you should kill yourself.
Go camping in a quiet place for a while. Take it easy, think about your life and sort it all out. Relaxing is important, mate. I'm sure this will help.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I don't know what he means either.

Maybe he means I should try meditating on a snowboard without any pants?

Your balls will probably freeze to it . Unless you do it inside next to a heater. It is Winter in the UK now right? Summer here...
go make me a sandwich or give me all your gear. That will surely relieve your stress!
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    Stop winging, you have money, a girl, most of us don't even have that.

Hell i'd be happy with the former
    Page 1 of 2