Yeah hi everyone,

Not long ago, a friend of mine gave me preposition.
he said: let's traid my stratocaster for your ibanez gio.
should i do it ?
depends what kind of strat. Is this a permanent trade or a temporary?

Cause if it's lke a squier strat i wouldn't bother, but if it's a jap or even a mexican (doubt that) then maybe.

But if your happy with your guitar why trade? People don't offer a trade to be fair, they get something out of it.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Quote by julzius
depends what kind of strat. Is this a permanent trade or a temporary?

Cause if it's lke a squier strat i wouldn't bother, but if it's a jap or even a mexican (doubt that) then maybe.

But if your happy with your guitar why trade? People don't offer a trade to be fair, they get something out of it.

Toodles!

it's a permanent trade
look at it this way - the ibanez "gio" range is their 'bottom of the line' and is probably around the same quality as a squier affinity/standard series (and probably even built in the same factory).

if the strat you're getting is a squier, if it's a deluxe, vintage modified or classic vibe it's probably worth the trade provided you like it more than your ibanez, and if it's a fender, then you need to be honest with your friend and tell him that his guitar is worth a lot more!

ultimately make sure you're allowed to play the strat first in any case.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
If its a Fender..

Do it F@ggot, and post pics of his face after he realises what hes done.
find out as much as you can about the strat.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by Blompcube
look at it this way - the ibanez "gio" range is their 'bottom of the line' and is probably around the same quality as a squier affinity/standard series (and probably even built in the same factory).

if the strat you're getting is a squier, if it's a deluxe, vintage modified or classic vibe it's probably worth the trade provided you like it more than your ibanez, and if it's a fender, then you need to be honest with your friend and tell him that his guitar is worth a lot more!

ultimately make sure you're allowed to play the strat first in any case.

he bought it from his cousin for 128 euro's
his cousin is a great guitarplayer and owns like 10 guitars
you still didn't answer the question: Is it a fender or a Squier and if it's a Squier, which one?
Yeah depends on the make, for all we know he got it from Argos and it's an "elevation"

you should maybe do a trial for a week.
Cause you dun know you love a guitar til you give it a fair go.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by imaginary.frnd
you still didn't answer the question: Is it a fender or a Squier and if it's a Squier, which one?

it's defenitly not a fender,
and he say's he doesn't know if its a squier or not
Quote by M1D4V
it's defenitly not a fender,
and he say's he doesn't know if its a squier or not

if it was a squier it would say 'squier' on it where it usually says 'fender' making it quite obviously a squier..
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Ask him what (if anything) it says on the headstock and/or the neck plate (the plate the bolts go through that hold the neck onto the body)