hai there, I have a problem with open strings popping when I'm releasing a bend, is there anything I can work on to stop that from happening, except just muting the open strings with the right hand??
instead of releasing the string while it's still bent, try moving the string down to its original position first. Or you could lightly touch the string with your left hand as you release.
Practice muting with your left hand. Not only did it solve this problem for me, it's just a very useful technique to have because it gives a fatter sound when you're strumming when you can hit the muted strings as well.
Quote by TheLukeMaxfield
instead of releasing the string while it's still bent, try moving the string down to its original position first. Or you could lightly touch the string with your left hand as you release.

hahah I mean the strings I bend through man!

and mute with left hand how? i don't quite get it
I think it's the way you're releasing your bend that the problem. Whether your fingers go under the adjacent strings or push them aside when bending, try to come back from the bend smoothly and under control. It's the jarring motion that causes the unwanted notes. Practise slowly at first (use the wrist) and if done correctly, the adjacent strings will retunr to their starting position guided by outside of the finger(s) you used to bend with.
Moving on.....