Hello, I have a Koch Powertone which I'm very satisfied with but I believe the gain could get a bit tighter and more aggresive with the use of an OD or an EQ-pedal because I play a lot of Modern Metal (Born of Osiris, August Burns Red, The Faceless, etc...).
But I'm not sure which would one would work the best...

I'm been looking at the Digitech Bad Monkey OD and at the MXR 10-band EQ, I don't really have a budget so if there are other suggestions just post them

Thanks in advance!
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Tightening up is really the job of an overdrive, and the Bad Monkey OD is fine on a budget...but if budget isn't an issue you should be looking at the TS9 and OD808
WTLTL 2011
Oh well I heard someone saying that an EQ pedal like the MXR one could help you to get a tighter/heavier sound. Is that a myth or does it help?

I had the Tubescreamers also in mind, but I'm still waiting for some other suggestions... unless you're convinced that they are the best OD-pedal for me.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
What's your cab?

And yes, and EQ in the loop will give you a more precise control of your tone, although personally prefer to get the rig sounding the way I like without resorting to EQing.

A good overdrive/boost can really tighten up an amp though. Try the Danelectro Cool Cat Drive if you're on a budget (it's a bloody excellent pedal), and Maxon, Fulltone, Carl Martin etc etc if you're not.
K thanks, well for practice at home I use a Dynacord 2x12 cab with V30 speakers but live and at rehearsals I play on a Marshall 1960B 4x12 with Celestion G12t75.