I have found a MIJ BOSS DS2 in really good condition, could get it for approximately $140AUD. Is it worth getting, or should I spend a few less $$$ and get the more common Taiwanese one?

Before anyone starts recommending other distortion pedals, I want to get this one for RHCP stuff (running with my Big Muff) and Nirvana stuff.

Is there much of a gap between the regular ones and the MIJ ones?
Actually I don't know if there's a big difference between MIJ and MIT DS2s. But if John Frusciante used MIJ ones in the Chili Peppers, there is a difference for sure!

EDIT: I own the one which was made in Taiwan and I can't complain
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Yeah, I was leaning more towards the MIJ one because that's what Froosh uses but if the cheaper one sounds almost the same, then I'd love the cheaper one considering I'm not totally rolling in $$$. Having said that, it's in extremely good condition and not too common in Australia.
Quote by nightraven
frusciante's tone comes from expensive marshall amps

not cheapo boss pedals

sorry

+1

but I can dial in his Slane Castle intro tone with my DS-2 into my Laney VC30.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by nightraven
frusciante's tone comes from expensive marshall amps

not cheapo boss pedals

sorry

Well obviously. My Bugera 333XL and Vypyr will just have to do me until I can afford a Silver Jubilee.

But I do also know that his main distortion tone for the Slane Castle concert and many other live performances comes from a DS2 being run into a Big Muff (or vice versa, can't remember) into his Marshall heads on clean. I figure that running a DS2 into a Big Muff into my Bugera 333XL head on clean will sound similar enough to satisfy me. Unless I'm missing something?

tl;dr - I'm not a n00b, but thanks for commenting anyway, I think this is the most active thread I've ever made.