so i was playing guitar 4 4 hours straight yeaterday. then i went to guitar center and played there for a few. i came home and played some more. i woke up today and my fingertips are feeling like hot like burning and it hurts like hell when i go to play guitar any advice on how to get this to go away so i can play?
Quote by skater4life666
shit i dont wana rest but can i like ice it or anything to make it go down a bit?

You either let your fingers heal or you risk permanent injury by not resting when your body tells you to, the choice is yours to make.
When i read your post i thought it said "I played 44 hours straight."
I was like
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Last edited by slash4114 at Dec 27, 2009,
Rest is what your fingertips need, but what you can do is rub rubbing alcohol on your fingertips twice or three times a day (not right before playing, you don't want it on your strings/fretboard) what this does is dries out your fingertips and helps form callouses
Like David Gilmour?

Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Vox VT15
Alvarez Acoustic
Dunlop Jazz III Picks
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Take your pants off and swing your wiener around in circles.
If you really want to play, you could always do some picking exercises without using the fretting hand?
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE