Can someone tell me what tube amp can I have on a budget of 400 to 999$, and that delivers good lead dist. like Mesa Mark I- IV type of dist.?
Founder of the "Cool UG members" club PM gabysguitar to join. NO TO FLAMING

CHECK your PRIVATE MESSAGE every 30 minutes and ANSWER them.Is good for your health!COOL!!!!!!!!!
Used mesa mark 3, or my rig. I was very lucky to get a 50/50 and a studio preamp for less than 900Eur.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by georgakis187
Used mesa mark 3, or my rig. I was very lucky to get a 50/50 and a studio preamp for less than 900Eur.

This. You might get lucky and pull a used Mark IV for that budget.

Otherwise, you can look into the Mesa DC-5; I've heard it compared to both the Marks and the Recto series and it apparently falls in between them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Hey I don't know, if you actually want to get an amp, with built in distortion, you might want to try a pedal, I bought a mesa maverick(it's comparable to the fender twin reverb, so it is very clean and doesn't get very distorted by itself) for $800 on ebay and a boss metalzone(which sound great IF you know how to use it) for $46 on ebay as well. Together they sound awesome and the benefit of a pedal is that it can be used as a two channel footswitch in between distorted and clean...
That's not going to get you a Mark type distortion, though, which is what the OP asked for...

Most pedals emulate the Rectumfrier. I can think of a bunch of Recto-type pedals, but no Mark-type pedals.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I guess only a Mark will get you the Mark distortion, you should just look at the used market and/or save up.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
You can probably get a used Mark for that money. I saw a MII the other day for around $800, so you can surely find one, specially on Ebay.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.