Hey UG, I think i've encountered the first problem with my newly acquired Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

I'll be playing guitar, then when i'm done i'll go over and switch off both the power and standby switch at the same time. I'll let the strings ring so there is noise going through the amp, but when I turn the switches off, the amp continues to make noise for about 2-3 seconds and im still able to play.

What the heck is going on? Some sort of failure with the switches or something? I really can't kill this amp it has less then 5 hours on it. Should I take it to my tech or what?

HELP.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Just let it cool down in standby before turning it off completely, it won't do it.
It's not going to cool off in stand by. Standby mode is for warming the tubes. Unless you're talking comparatively cool off, which is negligible. Stand by is more useful as a volume mute, to be honest; and yes, it is fairly normal that you still hear sound for two to three seconds, as the electricity leaves the circuit during that time.

Next time, put it on stand by, wait about ten or fifteen seconds, and then turn your amp off.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Sguit
Just let it cool down in standby before turning it off completely, it won't do it.

Basically this. I could go into the science behind it but really that's all you need to know. Even 10 seconds in Standby after you stop playing should be enough.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Thanks guys, it worked.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by forsaknazrael
What? Seriously? You're complaining that you can hear the strings as your turn your amp off? That's not a problem, that's how amps are.

No, my amp was *supposedly off* and it was still making noise. I was able to play with the amp in the off position. But it's okay, its fine now.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Yeah. The tubes are still warm so they can still make noise. Perfectly normal. It's not the electricity that makes the noise its the heated plates in the tubes that make the noise. The electricity just heats the tubes. So even after the power is cut off, the tubes are still warm, and thus can still drive the speaker. After they cool down it'll be fine.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
^except for solid state.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees