i had my local guitar tech install some new active emg's ( specificly the 81/850. hes charging me 70 bucks for instalation. am i getting ripped off? cause i feel that i kinda am. all it is is some solter work. how much did it cost u guys to get ur emg's installed. keep in mind, he is replacing all the curcuitry in my whole guitar. switching from passive to active.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Depending on what you bought..

As with my set I got the pickups, pots, switch and output jack..

If he's supplying all this (apart from pups) then definately not, but if you're reusing your old one you could easily do this for free (and in my opinion circuitry is foolproof if you follow the diagram).. Infact you can probably get a soldering iron for less than $70..

HELLO!

Well the long and mcquade by me tried to charge me 50 PER PICKUP to put in new passives.
Another store said 50 for both.
I ended up doing it myself, but putting in actives is a different story I suppose.
Anyways, from my experience 70 bucks seems a little much, but if it's done well and you have no other options then whatever man just enjoy the new pups!
Hagstrom Viking, Peavey XXX Super 40, Marshall 1960a Cab
Cutting a battery cavity is a different matter.. which I'm having to do myself.. It is rather difficult but if I was you I'd ask for the battery cavity only and then do the rest myself.. as changing pups from passive to active is nothing, the only hard part is finding space for the battery/batteries

HELLO!

i mean the set came with all the parts needed. the battery harness, output jack, 3 new shafts(2 long ones for les pauls) and all the curcitry. the other tech in the store was charging 40 per pickups. idk. i think i might have been able to do it myself, or atleast my dad. hes been soldering for years. but w/e
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Well have you had it done yet or are you still deciding?

HELLO!

This ^

Quote by EspTro
i had my local guitar tech install some new active emg's ( specificly the 81/850. hes charging me 70 bucks for instalation. am i getting ripped off? cause i feel that i kinda am. all it is is some solter work. how much did it cost u guys to get ur emg's installed. keep in mind, he is replacing all the curcuitry in my whole guitar. switching from passive to active.
*specifically
*installation
*solder
*you
*your
*circuitry

No, you're not being ripped off.
If you feel the price is too high for something you can do yourself, do it yourself.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
This ^

*specifically
*installation
*solder
*you
*your
*circuitry

No, you're not being ripped off.
If you feel the price is too high for something you can do yourself, do it yourself.

Agreed with SYK, both regarding the idea and the spelling.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by JamesLPs
Well have you had it done yet or are you still deciding?

i already dropped it off.

thank you all for your input, it really helped, and i mean REALLY.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
not really. i recently asked what it would cost to get a guitar entirely rewired, and it would need new knobs, pots, and a switch. im not doing the project till summer so i didnt need specifics. i asked what it would csot roughly to rewire the whole thing.

the answer was roughly 100 bucks.
I got my guitar wired with a coil tap and it cost me $100. $50-70 is a relatively average price but I'm doing my own from now on.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
agreed, if i everr want to isntall pickups in the future, ima do it myself
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED