i want a new amp because ppl say that a Marshall MG 30 sucks but i can get good tones out of it but im just looking into a new amp so when i have enough money i can go and check that amp out

i play clapton, hendrix, slash, angus young and anything like that and i prefer marshall hahah
if you like your mg30 why do you care what others think and feel the need to spend money to satisfy them?
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
To be honest, you think you're getting good tones from the MG, but you're really not. After you play a good amp for awhile, you'll really notice how thin, buzzy and harsh the MG's distortion is, and how sterile, flat and cold the cleans are.

As for a Marshall, look for a used JCM 800 (not the reissue) That would nail all of those sounds.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If you get good tones out of it, who cares what other people think?

Having said that... it's an MG, so looking towards an upgrade is probably a good idea if you're serious about playing. The artists you mentioned all play Marshalls, so maybe a British voiced tube amp would be up your alley. Are you gigging or not? Budget? Can you go used?

Without knowing the above, I'd recommend a Marshall JCM800 combo if you're gigging, or maybe a Blackstar HT5/Blackheart Little Giant if you just play in the bedroom... perhaps a Marshall Class 5 if you absolutely have to have a Marshall. If you have a lower budget, a Bugera V22 or 1990 might be better suited (V22 for bedroom, 1990 for gigging).
Quote by Raijouta
To be honest, you think you're getting good tones from the MG, but you're really not. After you play a good amp for awhile, you'll really notice how thin, buzzy and harsh the MG's distortion is, and how sterile, flat and cold the cleans are.

As for a Marshall, look for a used JCM 800 (not the reissue) That would nail all of those sounds.

yeah most of the settings i pump into it do kinda sound the same.... but i doubt i can afford that amp maybe a like $500 or $600 amp
Quote by slickerthnsleek

Having said that... it's an MG, so looking towards an upgrade is probably a good idea if you're serious about playing. The artists you mentioned all play Marshalls, so maybe a British voiced tube amp would be up your alley. Are you gigging or not? Budget? Can you go used?

Without knowing the above, I'd recommend a Marshall JCM800 combo if you're gigging, or maybe a Blackstar HT5/Blackheart Little Giant if you just play in the bedroom... perhaps a Marshall Class 5 if you absolutely have to have a Marshall. If you have a lower budget, a Bugera V22 or 1990 might be better suited (V22 for bedroom, 1990 for gigging).

or would a pod x3 live be alright since i dont make money for amps or pedals
Quote by Shelbones01
yeah most of the settings i pump into it do kinda sound the same.... but i doubt i can afford that amp maybe a like $500 or $600 amp

You can get a JCM 800 from the '80s for $750 or $800 alot of the time.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by slickerthnsleek

I agree with this 100%. Trust your ears and not anyone else's opinion.

Also, if you were testing one of the new MG FX (and not the older DFX models that don't sound as good) in the store you may have been tricked into hearing just the factory programmed default settings of each channel (or another customers bad settings) instead of your own. Press the manual mode button to dial in your custom settings for each of the 4 channels and press store. The new MG4 series amps have new analog voicing and sound much better than the old MG amps that everyone here will trash and stereotype the new series by putting them in the same bad category.
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Quote by Yngwie#1
I agree with this 100%. Trust your ears and not anyone else's opinion.

Also, if you were testing one of the new MG FX (and not the older DFX models that don't sound as good) in the store you may have been tricked into hearing just the factory programmed default settings of each channel (or another customers bad settings) instead of your own. Press the manual mode button to dial in your custom settings for each of the 4 channels and press store. The new MG4 series amps have new analog voicing and sound much better than the old MG amps that everyone here will trash and stereotype the new series by putting them in the same bad category.

i have a DFX hahah... i think i might try and save up for a POD X3 live