At bar 97, when the drum roll on the snare starts, it sounds fine. But then, at bar 101, when the second drum track starts doing the snare roll also (I'm having them both do it for emphasis, and because each of them are favoring a different speaker/side), it sounds really screwed up; I don't know if it will happen for you, but I get something the vaguely resembles the "High Q" sound; why is this? Is it simply because there are two drum tracks doing the same thing, or is there a different reason?
Attachments:
Projecta 60.gp5
Quote by herby190
At bar 97, when the drum roll on the snare starts, it sounds fine. But then, at bar 101, when the second drum track starts doing the snare roll also (I'm having them both do it for emphasis, and because each of them are favoring a different speaker/side), it sounds really screwed up; I don't know if it will happen for you, but I get something the vaguely resembles the "High Q" sound; why is this? Is it simply because there are two drum tracks doing the same thing, or is there a different reason?

This. I don't know how to explain in English, but it has something to do with the sound waves. But if you want some emphasis, there is a button for that.
Having two drum tracks in guitar pro doing midi is only going to make the one drum track sound louder and the whole thing will come down the center, it wont add anything apart from volume, because the two tracks are identical and cancel each other out, thus creating what is known as constructive interference.
Quote by Beefmo
Having two drum tracks in guitar pro doing midi is only going to make the one drum track sound louder and the whole thing will come down the center, it wont add anything apart from volume, because the two tracks are identical and cancel each other out, thus creating what is known as constructive interference.
So for that part, I should just set one of the drum tracks to be going to both speakers/sides equally, with higher volume?

Quote by DarkValo666
This. I don't know how to explain in English, but it has something to do with the sound waves. But if you want some emphasis, there is a button for that.
Even with the two drum tracks, the roll ends up on Forte Fortissimo; I'll just have to raise the volume on it.

Thanks, to both of you.
Last edited by herby190 at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by herby190
So for that part, I should just set one of the drum tracks to be going to both speakers/sides equally, with higher volume?

Yeah, that would achieve the same effect.

Incidentally your track sounds a bit like Freebird. I dunno if that was intentional.
My bad, it was Simple Man, not Freebird, that progression at the start.
Quote by Beefmo
My bad, it was Simple Man, not Freebird, that progression at the start.
That was unintentional; I was just looking for a simpler progression that the clean guitar could keep playing without interfering with any other instruments. I'm not too worried about this piece anyways; I'm writing it more as a practice one, just so I can get the hang of writing this type of music. My goal is just to write something that will relax people when they hear it, basically, something you could fall asleep to.