and I don't know if any of you guys have heard of them, but they're freaking FANTASTIC.

I mean seriously, it's AWESOME stuff. you can find their main site here.

Video of my favorite song from them is here.

I just want to get the word out about them, I mean in my eyes they're a fantastic change of pace from some of the American metal bands. According to their news page they headline in Russia, but apparently aren't well known in other parts of the world...and they need to be.

Also, there's two smoking hot Russian babes on lead vocals. If the whole metal concept didn't lure you already.

/fanboyish rant
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by B455GU174R
the chicks sound like theyre getting r@ped

...and that sounds bad? XD
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Arpoka - great Russian folk metal
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
...well I like it...

i love it!!!! wasnt sure till the vocals kicked in, i thought it mite be just a another average death metal band!!
Quote by damo13
i love it!!!! wasnt sure till the vocals kicked in, i thought it mite be just a another average death metal band!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one. XD

I expected it to be completely horrible. It's pretty cool, nothing I'd listen to very often though.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
It's like Angela Gossow times two!

Aside from the chicks though, they're kinda generic. And clean vocals in death metal = suck in my opinion.

edit:

Nom nom nom nom nom
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Last edited by Kanthras at Dec 27, 2009,

WHy is Legolas wearing a skirt?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD

WHy is Legolas wearing a skirt?

I noticed that too. That one's always wearing a kilt. Weird.

I don't honestly know. They aren't on iTunes or Rhapsody (to my knowledge), and I found them while listening to Otep radio on Last.fm, soooooooooooo...you may have to order a CD straight from the Motherland herself.

Out of all the quality death metal out there....this....?

Not only is the music irritating but it doesn't contain any memorable parts. And then they decide to go for cleans over those generic grooves, further amplifying the irritation I felt.

It felt like they were going for too many things at the same time stylistically. I could hear some Cannibal Corpse, some Arch Enemy, some Augury maybe, some -core and some rather poor attempts at Russian folk music vocally.
I've found Jesus
No redeeming qualities whatsoever. And how they're a "change of pace", or even moderately differentiable, from 8 bajillion generic American metal bands is well beyond me.
Nevermind, didn't listen to enough to get to the cleans in my 1st post. This sucks.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Kanthras
It's like Angela Gossow times two!

Aside from the chicks though, they're kinda generic. And clean vocals in death metal = suck in my opinion.

edit:

Nom nom nom nom nom

Should shave. Just saying.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
CTFOD won the thread...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
CTFOD won the thread...

Didn't know this was a competition.

Also there is only ONE good thing that EVER came out of Russia and that is in bug red letters in my sig.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by k1ng_pooh
Also there is only ONE good thing that EVER came out of Russia and that is in bug red letters in my sig.

S-C-A-L-D is a strange way to spell Vo Skorbyah.

Not that Scald are bad (they're awesome), but still.
Quote by Scourge441
S-C-A-L-D is a strange way to spell Vo Skorbyah.

Not that Scald are bad (they're awesome), but still.

Vo Skorbyah is awesome, reprazent.

And Russia's got at least a few other respectable metal acts. Blazebirth hall, anyone?
Savage chicks, terrible music.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by DeusExMachina90
Vo Skorbyah is awesome, reprazent.

And Russia's got at least a few other respectable metal acts. Blazebirth hall, anyone?

Yes please
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by k1ng_pooh
Didn't know this was a competition.

It's always a competition foo.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quite a shame, I love that music, but the vocals just sound like rather broken Angela Gossow attempts. the lower growls sound alright, the cleans are just argh.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Vocals make me instantly think of Walls Of Jericho, and that;s not a good thing

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by morbid_death
I endorse this.

One of the best bands Russkies have, not to mention sincere. Should be getting the new one from them in the next couple of weeks

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM