Which one is better? I'm looking into getting a new amp, but I can't decide. I play metal, heavy metal, hard rock, and metalcore. I'm think about getting the 15w or 30w.

So,
1. Which amp is better?
2. Why?
Last edited by spartanzblood at Dec 27, 2009,
The Roland CUBE 30X is about 50 times better and well suited to what your looking for.
DO IT LIVE
I wouldnt recommend getting any of them, they both dont have that good of tone. There are lots of great amps for the price. Go to the store and try some amps around your price range and see what one you like the best.

Out of those two though, I am thinking the Spider IV would be better.
maybe a roland cube? i'd stay away from the spiders.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
His question.

Quote by spartanzblood
Which one is better? I'm looking into getting a new amp, but I can't decide. I play metal, heavy metal, hard rock, and metalcore. I'm think about getting the 15w or 30w.

So,
1. Which amp is better?
2. Why?

Your reply:

Quote by Corby1888
The Roland CUBE 30X is about 50 times better and well suited
to what your looking for.

I lol'd.

On a serious note, I'd stay away from the Spiders and look at the Vox Valvetronix line. Better quality and sound.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
I'm pretty sure that the spider III and IV are basically the same thing with slightly different cosmetics.
Quote by Corby1888
The Roland CUBE 30X is about 50 times better and well suited to what your looking for.

i personally think the cube sounds a lot more clinical and sterile than the spider IV, and that the spider IV is actually a better amp. But that's my opinion, and which you like better out of all of these low end modelling amplifiers - it's all a matter of opinion, there isn't one which is indefinitely better than the other.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by spartanzblood

So,
1. Which amp is better?
2. Why?

HAHAAHAHAAAAHAHA!!!!!!!
if the Spider IV actually uses the same modeling in their toneport's gearbox or podfarm software, I believe it would be a winner.
Go for Peavey Vypyr, they're not bad. Great for metal.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."