Hey guys, me and a friend are looking at getting attenuators, for my boogie and for his rebel 20.

Weber seems cheaper then THD, and I've read they were better? Anyways, I've read you need twice the wattage for your attenuator as your amp is, My boogie is 100w, but all four of my channels I've run on 50W, would I need a 100W one or a 200W one?

Also, what's the difference between the Weber MASS, and Mini MASS?
Thanks & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by stykerwolf
I'd go for a 100 Watt MASS just to be safe

Well I know that. But if I was doing it just to be safe wouldn't I want the 200w one? Considering my amp is rated at 100w, and you should get twice your watt rating?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

I was recommended the 200 watt version for my mesa 100 watt head. One control knob for sound versus the middle, treble, and bass of the some of the others.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
if you're really going to be using the amp at such high volumes you won't be wanting to use an attenuator.

Isn't that the point of an attenuator to be able to crank your amp but at low volumes?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
You crank the volume and gain controls on the amp itself but are actually making the volume you hear lower by adjusting the attenuator that feeds the speaker. That was my understanding of the process and that the extra wattage would be given off by the attenuator as heat. Maybe I'm wrong but the point is to crank the volume on the amp itself and control the actual volume with that attenuator. Hope that is others understanding. Some smaller combos have these built in and it is usually explained that way on manufacturer's websites.
So really I could just get a 100w rated one if I keep my amp on it's 50 watt setting..

If I ever need to turn it up that loud I don't even need the attenuator, but my problem is I'll never have to turn it that loud.

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/masslite.htm

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/mass.htm

??

uuuup

Your amp is rated at 100w, but isn't necessarily always running at 100W. If you got a 100W attenuator, you'd be set.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Quote by brleealbright
Your amp is rated at 100w, but isn't necessarily always running at 100W. If you got a 100W attenuator, you'd be set.

Thank you =).