hey everybody the time has (finally) come for me to go get my new guitar and amp. I want to thank everyone who helped me before, but now I need some help again. Months ago I came here seeking advice but since then my budget has increased (I held out on buying for a while so I could get a better amp) so now I'm looking at the best amp for my extended budget. I need something for <$200 (that's less than $200). I'm into music like Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Talking Heads, David Bowie, The Killers, U2, Oasis, Counting Crows, Jet, Eels, Tegan and Sara, Coldplay etc. The heaviest my music gets is Dropkick Murphys and I dont really play that stuff too often. It doesn't have to be extremely loud, its mostly going to be used in a college dorm for practice.

I'm probably going to have to order my amp off of Musicians Friend because the place I'm going to get my guitar (which is offering some pretty awesome deals) doesn't have much in the way of amps. Regardless, I'm really excited. Thanks again everyone.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
i'm gonna say some kind of Vox but i don't know prices.

EDIT: Vox Valvetronix 15 watt for $199, or you could save up some more and buy a 30 watt version for $270 or buy it used. definately get the 30 watt if you can stand to wait that long.
Last edited by gnomieowns at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by Vitor_vdp
That's your increased budget? Save more.

no. I've been being told this and I understand the reasons why but I have college to pay for. I need a new laptop and books for the next semester. I literally cannot stretch the budget much further than that. Besides, this is my first amp (been playing acoustic for three years) and for the time being its just a stepping stone until I have some more cash. If I could spend more I would. I might be able to stretch another... $30 dollars, I know it isnt much, but I have to think about my education too here.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Used Super Champ XD or Vox VT15.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??