Bugera 6262
Mesa Boogie rectoverb combo
Peavey 5150

Which one would cover Bullet for my valentine and killswitch Engage the best??

I have 700 $

Guitar: Jackson js30rr

I want to use the amps own distortion to cover and to play metal music which one is the best value?? i have the opportunity to get 1 of these amps
I think both of those groups use the Peavey, actually. Go for that.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
5150, its the amp that BFMV uses so you should definitely be able to get their tone with it.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
okay well now im leaning towards the peavey thanks and this dudeo n craigslist wants liek 500 for it which is even better
To gwitersnamps I know Bullet use peavey, but I'm pretty Sure Killswitch use Mesa and H&Ks....
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Eclamation marks are cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sarcasm*
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
one BFMV guitarist uses Mesa Rectifiers (dual i think) and the other uses peavey 6505+ (5150II)... The 5150 is a little different but pretty close to the same thing.

Killswitch has used a lot of different amps on their albums and even live. For the End of Heartache Album they used Framus amps and 5150's (now called 6505). They have also used 5150's live before as well.

So in the end the easiest way to get KsE and BFMV using the amps distortion and no pedals would be the 5150 or the 6262 (which is based off of a 6505+)
Quote by padgea7x
To gwitersnamps I know Bullet use peavey, but I'm pretty Sure Killswitch use Mesa and H&Ks....

KSE uses a 5150 a mesa boogie a hughes and kettner a framus cobra and pretty much any amp you would ever consider deeming at least "good" bfmv uses a 5150. i own a 6505 (which is a 5150) and can personally attest to it being excellent except in the clean area. the mesa is probably all around better but the 6505 is better at crunch and metal. The mesa has more tonal control but imo i just freakin love the 6505 and would buy it anytime I would go with that because i think the recto has too much sag.
the 6262 is my vote, great gain,great clean
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
*reported for spam*
that was random and totally irrelevant

Sorry but it is annoying when people overuse symbols or cap lock etc. next time I will post a relevant post.

I would go for the peavy.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
You already said you were going for the Mesa in your other post. Why'd you make another one?

Owning a 6505+ (same thing as a 5150 II), the Rectoverb is a much better amp stock imo. The 5150 will really need the bias mod to sound that great
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I think the Rectoverb or Bugera, preferably Recto, is your best bet.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I've never played any of these but the quality alone screams Mesa Boogie.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
you really have an option to get a rectoverb for $700? lucky, i'd would go with that just for versatility, while i own a 6505+ and can attest to the massive distortion you can get from a 5150/6505, mesas are known for their ability to get a variety of tones, but you may also want to think about the fact that it's just combo, and you might need some backup if you intend to gig
Quote by UntoExistence
you really have an option to get a rectoverb for $700? lucky, i'd would go with that just for versatility, while i own a 6505+ and can attest to the massive distortion you can get from a 5150/6505, mesas are known for their ability to get a variety of tones, but you may also want to think about the fact that it's just combo, and you might need some backup if you intend to gig

Thats just silly.
Anywhere too big for a combo to handle will be miced anyway. The only reason people still go for halfstacks is the extra mass and closed back in the cab increases the bass response.

TS: 5150 has more gain on tap that a 5150II, but you'll never use more than half of what either one has.
The Rectoverb isnt as much of a gain wh0re... but it's got tone for miles...
Either way to go you'll want an EQ in the effects loop. 5150 needs it to focus the gain and the Rectoverb needs it to tighten the bass up a tad. But that's just my opinion
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by R.D
Thats just silly.
Anywhere too big for a combo to handle will be miced anyway. The only reason people still go for halfstacks is the extra mass and closed back in the cab increases the bass response.

TS: 5150 has more gain on tap that a 5150II, but you'll never use more than half of what either one has.
The Rectoverb isnt as much of a gain wh0re... but it's got tone for miles...
Either way to go you'll want an EQ in the effects loop. 5150 needs it to focus the gain and the Rectoverb needs it to tighten the bass up a tad. But that's just my opinion

while that's true in a perfect world, i've played my fair share of basement shows, etc. with less than desirable room acoustics, mic situations, etc. and a 1x12 could easily get lost, given that this would be his first large amp, playing in club settings or places with even a decent PA is uncertain
Quote by UntoExistence
while that's true in a perfect world, i've played my fair share of basement shows, etc. with less than desirable room acoustics, mic situations, etc. and a 1x12 could easily get lost, given that this would be his first large amp, playing in club settings or places with even a decent PA is uncertain

I used to play drums in a band and the two guitarists played our last show with 75W and 100W spider combos. The show was outside and the PA was only used to amplify vocals, everyone could hear just fine and the acoustics were non-existent (ie: We were playing in an open area with nothing projecting the sound towards the crowd).

50w tube combos are insanely loud, if he ever doesn't have enough presence/volume in the mix, then something's wrong.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com