Hello yet again people,

I've found a very nice deal on a 5150II which I'll likely get (assuming its not already snapped up by the time I can get there). The only problem is that it comes with a 4x12, which will be great at home but impossible to transport to uni.

Are there any cheap cabs (1x12) that can survive 120W? I'm thinking as cheap as possible here, <£100. I know it won't sound great, but that's what the 4x12 is for.

Thanks.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
honestly, i don't know where to find a 112 that can handle 120w out of the box. most i've seen go up to around 80w. you could buy a crappy cab and then replace the speaker i guess. maybe look at an epiphone valve jr cab and replace it with one of eminence's higher-watt speakers like a texas heat. the speaker itself only costs around $75 and the cab should be around $130 (not sure what that is in pounds).
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
That is a little awkward then. I imagine with some juggling I could get a 2x12 back to uni with me though. The alternative is that I get the ENGL Fireball I've been looking at (~£650, Peavy would be about the same with the 4x12 if I could get him down a bit and cut out the wah he's selling) and a 1x12 or 2x12 cab to go with that.

I notice Harley Benton make a 2x12 that retails for £160 which can handle 120W and comes loaded with a pair of V30s - would this work well with either amp (I could always flog the 4x12 since its probably way too much anyway).

Thanks.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by GuernZila
bugera 2x12 is $200... it could handle the watts

just got one of these. for the money its well worth it. doesnt sound bad at all. do a speaker swap down the road and it'll make a pretty decent cab.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by GuernZila
bugera 2x12 is $200... it could handle the watts

A 2x12 for $200? Ew, is it made out of asswood?
Honest question, how is it for $200, I might pick one up.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch