Supe Fellas!

This is my first post in UG.
I would like you to help me choose a new low-budgeted guitar. I want it to play some blues, Rock n Roll, maybe some Punk. I want it to have good cleans.
I've seen a lot of guitars over internet but I've decided to stay conservative and I'v chosen this two models:

- Squier Stratocaster Deluxe
- Epiphone Les Paul 100

I woud like to have your opinions!
Where are you? What's your budget and what will you play it through?
These questions are asked in the interests of getting you better gear for your money. You couldn't do much worse.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Where are you? What's your budget and what will you play it through?
These questions are asked in the interests of getting you better gear for your money. You couldn't do much worse.

I'm travelling to US soon so I want to buy a new guitar but my budget is $300. I also own a ESP LTD EC-50 but I use it only for metal. Thing is that I want to play some blues, maybe GNR some times (just to remember old times jejej) and other rock bands (not heavy).
I would say the Epiphone will probably suit your needs just fine as long as you don't mind the bolt on neck on a LP. You may actually want to check out a Telecaster for blues it's pretty sweet ride for just about every genre
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
I'd go with the Squier, I had an Epi LP-100 and I thoroughly disliked it (felt like a toy). I also think it would suit your needs better. You should go to a local store and try them out though.
Last edited by melton100 at Dec 29, 2009,
Squier Classic Vibe Strat or Tele. Great guitars not for just the price but great guitars compared to anything.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Squier Classic Vibe Strat or Tele. Great guitars not for just the price but great guitars compared to anything.

+1! A Classic Vibe Telecaster would be perfect for rock, blues and punk.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R