I'm looking to get a wah pedal, since my friend bought himslelf a second hand Danelectro Dan - O - Wah (which is shaped like a car) and I've been at his place for hours playing with it (it's so much fun!)

I wanna buy second hand, cause' I'm not rich and I don't care whether it's got a few scuffs and scratches so long as it works. I bet a load of unwanted christmas ones will come up all over ebay any way.

Ok, so I think Page uses a Vox Wah, but I'm pretty sure I can't afford the same one as him, so give me one that sounds good, is CHEAP and is good for Page style wah-ing.

Also, I'd like to be able to get a Slash style wah sound out of it too, so diversity would be good.

Thanks!
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Vox wahs aren't that much money (about $50 new), though you may want a Crybaby, $70 new, maybe $40-50 used.
Early Page, late Page? What kind of wah?

Also, with wah pedals, you get what you pay for. Don't expect to buy a cheap wah and nail a Jimmy Page sound. The normal Crybaby does not sound good, the Vox v847 is not that great either, the Crybaby Classic is a clear step up. However, for the early Page sound, you would need a Clyde McCoy style wah.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 27, 2009,
Well I know a cheap wah isn't going to nail the sound, but as I say, I have to just spend what I have.

As for what era of Page you mean - I mean something in the prime of Led Zep, when he's got the Les Paul and the dragon suit and is all showy about it. Something like the live performance of "The Ocean" where he uses it to make a very nice sounding effect. I'm also quite fond of the early Led Zep telecaster days, when he's using the wah on Led Zep I and all.

To be honest, I think I could have fun with any wah really, so long as it actually works!
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
it depends what is "cheap," as far as getting something under $100, idk what they cost in the UK, I would go for the Crybaby Classic.
try and look for a used vox wah somewhere. there are tons so they shouldn't be all that expensive.
Last edited by b00m at Dec 27, 2009,