can anybody tell me about the c-1 plus cause i was thinking about getting it. what other good schecter guitars are there (preferrably cheap) and what happened to the c-1 fr?
Great guitar.
The C-1 FR would be my first choice for a metal guitar.
There are others with EMG pick ups too, that are equally nice.
I tried a few out at the store.
Easy to sweep, pretty slim necks, not as thin as Ibanez but definately a better feel for me.
I wouldn't get a liscenced trem personally.
My friend has The Syn Standard, it's nice but not that good for the money.
Try them out at the store, I love 'em. The hellraisers are sweet
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by Nameless742
Great guitar.
The C-1 FR would be my first choice for a metal guitar.
There are others with EMG pick ups too, that are equally nice.
I tried a few out at the store.
Easy to sweep, pretty slim necks, not as thin as Ibanez but definately a better feel for me.
I wouldn't get a liscenced trem personally.
My friend has The Syn Standard, it's nice but not that good for the money.
Try them out at the store, I love 'em. The hellraisers are sweet

Schecters probably have the widest neck profiles of the big 3 super-strat makers. ESP and Ibanez have the thinnest.

That said, the Hellraiser series are incredible guitars for hardcore and metal, the new ones come with the 81/89tw combo.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
…what happened to the c-1 fr?

I don’t think that Schecter is done announcing the changes to the 2010 lineup. You can always use the web site to email them to confirm what is and is not available.
Schecter's made in china. A thousand dollar Jackson is a better instrument than any Schecter just my opinion.
Quote by RR5Jackson
Schecter's made in china. A thousand dollar Jackson is a better instrument than any Schecter just my opinion.

Schecter Diamond Series guitars are made in Korea, at the same factory ESP uses. The custom shop models are made in the USA.
The C-1 Plus an amazing guitar, i have loved mine since the day i got it, great feeling neck wouldn't say its super thing but its not ridiculously thick either, 3 way switch, 2 volumes 1 tone(tap), great guitar all around nice finish and its very durable, the pickups are pretty good, their tolerable for metal but i may end up switching mine out but they are very good for the price
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
Quote by jpnyc
Schecter Diamond Series guitars are made in Korea, at the same factory ESP uses. The custom shop models are made in the USA.

ESP factory is in japan LTD is in korea. last Schecter i looked at said made in china it was a strat with Emg's not sure about the diamond series.
Schecter Hellraiser currently is made in China. According to review i just read on UG, they were made in korea now in china. I personally will not by a guitar unless it's made in the United States or Japan better build quality.
Quote by RR5Jackson
Schecter Hellraiser currently is made in China. According to review i just read on UG, they were made in korea now in china. I personally will not by a guitar unless it's made in the United States or Japan better build quality.

Actually my limited edition 09 syn custom is of the diamond series. Fairly recent and it has a 'Made in Korea' marking on the back of it.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Well then the hellraiser must not be a diamond series ,in any case i prefer Jackson myself but to each there own.
my c-1fr is made in indonesia and They did a nice job putting it together. AS it plays well, and looks sturdy. I enjoy the thin flat maple neck. http://img130.imageshack.us/i/p1000336.jpg/
took this pic and reminded me of a baseball bat =0

In comparison to my other guitar the ibanez SZ, i find that its easier for me to play the C chord on the shecter neck. And the Ibanez, if im not mistaken, has the Hb-102 duncan designed pickupz found in the c-1 plus. They provide good tone varienty, and are decent. but it Depends if youre a glass half empty or half full person, because You can look at them both ways.

Overall i think generally youre getting alot for your money. Especially if youre getting a model thats been reduced in price. I have read that they use inferior woods, but who knows with product control now adays. hope this helps.
I just bought a C-1 Plus yesterday..... Best investment of my life. I can't put it down
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
I've been going to Guitar Center and playing the C-1 Hellraiser. That thing is sick! It will be my next guitar, eventually...

Anybody know what is similar but cheaper?
Take it this way, that C-1 is the WINNER amongst all Schecters, for metal heads at least.
The pick ups are pretty hot too, I'm a EMG man right now, but that thing sounds awesome.
Jackons are nice too.
For looks, the White C-1 with black outline makes my pen0r spasm with Delight!1!
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I got a C-1 Exotic Star. Mahogany body, two HB, coil tap, volume for neck and bridge pup, string thru...Idk. I'm in love with it, but have only had it for a day, so my opinion is void.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by RR5Jackson

Cool Story but it's not the US or Japan can't produce lemon guitars as well. If you're going to not use anything built any where besides US or Japan then you might as well chuck out most of the stuff in your house as believe it or not shit gets built in China. And having shit being built in China does not mean it's going to explode if you use it, contrary to popular myths.

And yes the Hellraiser is a Diamond Series Schecter.