As a present for X-Mass, I received the Zoom B2.1U multi effect. According to the manual, a footswitch can be attached and programmed that by a puch on the footswitch the current effect can be bypassed and you continue playing clean.
Unfortunate, the footswitch is not included in the package. It's sold seperately.

I was wondering, must the footswitch also be from Zoom or may it come from an other brand. At my local shop they sell footswitches from Kustom (KAC-FS100). Will they also work on my B2.1U?
Gear :
Ibanez GWB35 Gary Willis signature
Ibanez SR700 CN
Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV

Marshall MB4410
Er, what? The Zoom already has a bypass switch (push down both switches to go into bypass mode). The bypass also activates the tuner, but that's not a problem. Then simply push one of the switches again when you wish to go back to the effect.

Ok, so it's slightly more effort than just pushing the 1 switch, but does it really warrant spending money?

Of course, this is all assuming that the B2.1U works the same way as the B2
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Yes, I know it can be done by pushing both switches. But when you're gigging, it has to go fast. That why I wanted the extra footswitch.

So, will every footswitch of any brand work with this?
Gear :
Ibanez SR700 CN

Marshall MB4410
Don't see why they wouldn't. Easiest way to make sure before buying one is to take the pedal with you when you go to the music shop. If you can do this it'll also help you sniff out problems like footswitches that pop when engaged or disengaged. If you can't get the pedal to the shop then you could see if they'll let you buy a couple of switches, on the understanding that you try them with the pedal then return the ones you don't like.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
i can't find any info, but seeing as it uses a regular jack i suppose any mono switch should be ok, you could probably even make one yourself

off-topic: i also happen to be from Belgium :-D
Last edited by mithrilglove at Dec 28, 2009,
Thx for all the info. To be sure, I ordered the original pedal from Zoom online. That way I'm sure it'll work. And it's only 10 bucks more. I hate waiting, that's why I wanted to know if other pedals would work too so I could get at my local shop.

Quote by mithrilglove

off-topic: i also happen to be from Belgium :-D

Hey! Leuk om hier eens landgenoten tegen te komen!!!
Gear :
Ibanez SR700 CN

Marshall MB4410
i'm also from vlaanderen, but the mod's probably don't like it if we talk in dutch so i'll stick to english :-D.

you probably didn't need to order it, any footswitch would have been ok. too bad theres no technical info on the FS-1. most of the footswitches are also waaaaaay overpriced. i'd make one myself :-D
Why not just get a cheap loop pedal and stick in that.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul