People of the pit,

I'm looking for a hostel or cheap hotel in London to stay a night in Januari. Does anyone have experience with these in London and can recommend me one?

I prefer something in the city center or close to a metro station. I don't want something dirt cheap but rather something affordable.

Also, recommendations for nice restaurants are appreciated aswell!

Thanks!
Rockin' the Gibson SG Standard Cherry!
www.hostelworld.com

You can look up places based on their position on a map of london, and most come with star ratings and reviews. You can book through the site too. I have used loads of times. Great site.

Things to look out for are if they are open 24hr(so you dont get locked out at night), and if the have a service to drop off your bags, if you are too early to check in properly.
I'll check it out, thanks. Some extra insider tips from people who have visited would still be welcome though.
Rockin' the Gibson SG Standard Cherry!
Quote by Tompa87
I'll check it out, thanks. Some extra insider tips from people who have visited would still be welcome though.

Pick up a free London Underground map and get a Travelcard unless you're only making a couple of journies. Remember that the london tube map is not geographically correct, and that some tube stations are actually almost right next to eachother. Carefully follow social norms on the underground or you risk upsetting locals, i.e. standing on the right of escalators or walking down on the left.
When I was there, we stayed at the Astor Victoria Hostel. Its right by a huge metro station and was pretty cheap and a fun place to stay.
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12
Warmoth Strat
Richmond Dorchester
Boss RC-50
Line 6 DL-4
Digitech Whammy 4
Zvex Mastotron
Boss RT-20