Okay guys, now that I've sorta narrowed down my wah pedal that I'm going to get. (still working on finding that distortion/overdrive) what is like a small basic setup (like distortion+wah+w/e else?) that someone like me (first time buying pedals cause I finally got a tube amp and trashed my line 6 spider) Yeah I'm a total noob at this and sorry if there is already an ultimate gear building guide or something ;(.

Edit: I have an old DS-1 already but don't seem too satisfied with it. (so while I'm at it on this thread... suggest a distortion so I can try it out at the store when I go)
Last edited by NecroticSoldier at Dec 27, 2009,
well then, firstly do you like your amp's overdrive and if not why, also what amp is it

secondly what do you want your distorted sound to sound like
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by justinb904
well then, firstly do you like your amp's overdrive and if not why, also what amp is it

secondly what do you want your distorted sound to sound like

I want a saturated guitar sound... sometimes I want it to sound natural and sometimes unnatural? I got a Jet City stack thing, the overdrive is good and all, but I need something else to give it that punch.
well, if you just need a bit of a punch you can buy an od pedal to use as a clean boost which will drive your tubes harder. Something like a tube screamer might do the trick
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
well, if you just need a bit of a punch you can buy an od pedal to use as a clean boost which will drive your tubes harder. Something like a tube screamer might do the trick

Okay, but I still have my question of what do you think a basic setup would be...?
Quote by blandguitar
guitar>wah> dist/od> delays>chorus/reverbs

this belongs in GGA however. I'll report it so it gets moved to the proper sub-forum

Thank you, sorry I didn't know where it was supposed to be.