Im on craigslist looking at guitars in my state. What do you guys and girls think about buying a Epiphone Les Paul Studio edition with a Line 6 Spider II 212 combo for 450$ US?

Both are in mint condition with orginal receipts i guess the guy needs fast cash would you purchase it?
JAKE
See if you can just get the Epi for a few hundy. The spider is really not an amp you want to have to deal with.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
^^ This. I honestly wouldn't touch that amp. Ever. And don't be fooled by size, the bigger ones are worse, because it's no longer a practice amp and there's much better stuff around. See if you can get a decent price without the amp, as it may just be them trying hard to get rid of the spider. I know I would...
^ yeah, you don't want the spider.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
what do you guys think about the epip les paul studio compared to an Ibanez art100
JAKE
if u get the spider (like i did) u wont know what ur missing out on, so that the next amp seems amazing.

search craiglist for a peavy vypyr, and an ibanez ART, esp EC, or epihone les paul
Quote by XxJCTURNERxX
what do you guys think about the epip les paul studio compared to an Ibanez art100

art has a cool lizard skin top, i havnt played epi's a whole lot, but i do know an art 300 is a safe bet
Quote by XxJCTURNERxX

Not sure about the specific art model however, they feel and play better than most epiphones in my opinion. They are also a little different which may be a plus!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
I currently own an ART100 but it tok a nasty spill when ibanezs stock straplocks failed='\

the only damage is a nasty crack on the body and a broken selector switch and some bad intonation.

I run it through a fender frontman 25 and it sounds a bit wimpy the pickups barly pick up. i know nothing about electrics but consider myself an acoustic genius of sorts.
JAKE
btw my dream guitar is a tele but its way out of my price range i only have like 490$
JAKE
You can get a tele that was made in mexico for that much, and a used one fore even less
Compared to the prices of the same gear when new, it's a good deal.

However, in terms of shall we say ARTISTIC value, I wouldn't touch that amp with a ten foot pole.
The ART100 is a pretty good guitar. I'd take that over a Les Paul Studio. I don't really understand how severe the crack in the body is. Did it split in half or something?

I say you have a look at these offers:
http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/1526286733.html
http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/1525948389.html

Note that you'll need to buy a speaker cabinet for the amp head as well.
Last edited by sashki at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by sashki
Compared to the prices of the same gear when new, it's a good deal.

However, in terms of shall we say ARTISTIC value, I wouldn't touch that amp with a ten foot pole.
The ART100 is a pretty good guitar. I'd take that over a Les Paul Studio. I don't really understand how severe the crack in the body is. Did it split in half or something?

I say you have a look at these offers:
http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/1526286733.html
http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/1525948389.html

Note that you'll need to buy a speaker cabinet for the amp head as well.

The Crack is on the lower portion of the guitars body its about 4 inches long and maybe a 1/4 inch deep it hasnt split apart yet but its an ugly scar=\

Is the tele you sent me a standard tele or a replica? i want the real deal i may just save up and buy one new from fender with the warranty and stuff.
JAKE