I got one of these pedals yesterday and I'm trying to dial it in with my amp, which is a Valveking 112, and I'm loven the pedal so far, I'm just running into some curious problems. I'm using my Custom Metal Squier, which is equipped with 2 EMG 81's running the stock 9 volt.

Apparently the pedal is about 5 times higher output than all my other pedals, I have to keep the level at 1/4 volume for it to stay even with my clean channel. Can this cause some clarity problems?

The saturated setting is rather interesting as well, its pretty heavy, but its not enough gain to do what I want, so I though I could boost it with my Ts9, but then I got way too much saturation, and it sounded almost phaserish. Anyone know how I would pull more gain out of this pedal without modding it?

The crunch setting has to be my favorite setting, but it lacks in gain, I can boost it ok with the Ts9 but is there any other way to acheive higher gain on the crunch setting?

One more question, when I run more than one pedals in chain I get a poping every time I switch a pedal on or off. Is this because the Hardwire is such a higher output pedal than others?

Thanks for any help.
Why not roll the gain off of your TS9 or the distortion box on the saturate setting?
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Let me know how it goes.
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
Try switch the order of pedals. I've never actually had that problem with a pedal chain before.
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz

Quote by ilikepirates
Me neither, the only other time I had something similar to this was when the battery in my Ts9 was almost dead, and it would squeek every time I switched it on. But I'm only running the Hardwire and then the Ts9, both batteries are new, and if I turn on or off either pedal it will pop, like a voltage overload or something. But I dont want to switch the pedals cause then I wont be getting the distortion of the Hardwire, I'll be getting the OD of the Ts9.