Ok i currently have a crate v 18 2x12 combo. to sound is decent but i need at lease 2 channels and alot more headroom so here is what ive been looking at:

Peavey 3120 - $700
Peavey XXX - $500
Peavey 5150/6505- $700
Marshall JVM 2000 DSL100- $700-800
Carvin V3 -$650-750

Basically i have about $1000 to get a head/cab can stretch a bit. all prices and what im looking at is used and im looking at getting a avatar or marshall 4x12 that should set me back around 300-400 bucks. Im looking for full warm sounding cleans and As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engaged, Black Stone Cherry type distortion sound. any and all help is appreciated. I live in the US and Knoxville/Nashville Tennessee are two cities less than two hours away. So ebay and craigslist is where ive been looking
For your style I'd recommend the 5150/6505.

Heard very good things about the Carvin too, but I don't know anything about its sound.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
For your style I'd recommend the 5150/6505.

Heard very good things about the Carvin too, but I don't know anything about its sound.

+1 except the cleans, but word on the street is they can still sound good with the right EQ and possibly a little chorus
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Sorry, I've overseen the part with the cleans.

I guess the Carvin or Marshall would be better than, or even the XXX/3120.
If you plan getting the JCM 2000 DSL, you should get an OD pedal for boosting it.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Have any of you played the 3120 ive heard some sound clips but thats it. it seems similar to the xxx. im worried about the cleans on the 5150/6505 as well cause ive heard some bad things about them. ive had my eyes on the V3 for a long time but its hard to get alot of info on them i saw one of the guitarists for Winds Of Plague using them in Atlanta and it sounded pretty ballsy but they dont play clean so i dont know how it delivers as far as that goes.
The Peavey XXX and 3120 are pretty much the same amp AFAIK.
The difference I know of is that the 3120 has stock EL34 tubes instead of 6L6s as the XXX had.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz