Which amp do you guys like more? I'm getting one or the other, and also idk if I should get 30 or 15 Watts. I'll do a few gigs, but it'll be mostly garage jamming
Budget?
Bands/music style?
New/Used?
etc.

Please tell, then we can help you.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
From what I know the ADxxVTs are the predecessors of the VTs. I have an AD15VT, it's has a great clean channel for running a distortion pedal through, but none of the onboard distortion really sounds exceptional to me. If you're going to be jamming you'll need at least the 30, the 15 just isn't loud enough to facilitate jammage between multiple people.

The onboard effects are nice though, lots of settings that you can tweak to change them too. I've been debating between getting a VT100 or a Randall 4x12 myself, the only thing swaying me from the VOX is that it's only a 2x12.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Last edited by Dog454 at Dec 27, 2009,
I have the 30 watt amp, Its preatty nice, for intermediate guitarists, the distortion is allright, not too heavy, yet for classic rock and modern rock is heavy enough. The 30 watt from experience can get preatty loud if u need it loud for concerts or we
I have the VT15 and it's an awesome amp, i played the AD before buying the VT and liked the VT much better. The 15 watts aren't enough though, if you're going to be jamming with a drummer you'll need 30 watts at least.
Like David Gilmour?

Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Vox VT15
Alvarez Acoustic
Dunlop Jazz III Picks
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Take your pants off and swing your wiener around in circles.
Quote by JesusCrisp
Budget?
Bands/music style?
New/Used?
etc.

Please tell, then we can help you.

I play rock, classic rock, metal, and stuff like Satch, Vai, etc. I want a more crunchy but thick distortion tone for those riffs and a Satch/Vai tone for leads. But i was assuming both amps deliver many channels, therefore you can play millions of different styles from both amps
The original Valvetronix amps had two series: AD for light gain (classic rock & rhythm) and XL for metal and leads. The VT series amps combine both sets of the old models into one amp, which gives you a whole range of weak gain that can’t handle a tuning below D so if you want to play metal you’ll need to spend another $100–$200 on pedals.

If you’re literally jamming in a garage the 15 will probably be fine as it will sound really ****ing loud resonating off wood and concrete. I will say that the Peavy Vypyrs are a **** of a lot louder than the VT amps with corresponding settings, but you can’t really use them as bedroom amps without headphones.
Quote by jpnyc
The original Valvetronix amps had two series: AD for light gain (classic rock & rhythm) and XL for metal and leads. The VT series amps combine both sets of the old models into one amp, which gives you a whole range of weak gain that can’t handle a tuning below D so if you want to play metal you’ll need to spend another $100–$200 on pedals.

If you’re literally jamming in a garage the 15 will probably be fine as it will sound really ****ing loud resonating off wood and concrete. I will say that the Peavy Vypyrs are a **** of a lot louder than the VT amps with corresponding settings, but you can’t really use them as bedroom amps without headphones.

How about the 15 watt VT for lets say, a gig. The district's talent show.
^ Not gonna work unless you're gonna get mic'd or don't mind pushing the amp balls to the wall.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If only there was an amp that was inbetween. But wait, I think there is one, what are your guys' thoughts on the bugera v22?
Depends on how big the room is and what the acoustics are like. If it’s a smaller auditorium with concrete walls you’ll probably be fine. If you’re playing in a bigger room or a room with drapery or acoustic panels on the walls get something bigger. Valvetronix amps are built to get a LOT louder than people think, it’s just that nobody bothers to turn them up because they work really well at low volumes.

Also be aware that the settings on the VT amps are really, really finite and getting a great sound means getting there ahead of time, doing a lot of tweaking and saving a preset.