looking to buy a tube amp probably used I like to play classic rock and metal and my budget is probably less than $500 American. Also I have a mg 412A cabinet which is not that great should I get a head and use it with this cabinet or just sell this cab? Or maybe get a combo?
Sell the MG cab too.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Check out Orange Tiny Terror.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Quote by forsaknazrael
^No.

It can go either way with the MG cab, FWIW. You can probably get a decent amount of money for it, just because people will buy because it says Marshall.

On the other hand, getting a head, and upgrading your cab in the future isn't a bad option either.

What exactly do you find unsatisfactory about the Tiny Terror heads?
15 watters are too loud to crank in one's bedroom if that's what you want it for, especially when they're higher gain like the Tiny Terror.

I say Vypyr Tube 60 or a used Peavey XXX.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by forsaknazrael
They're too expensive in the US, low headroom, and I don't like the OD on them. I also don't like how they're always recommended as great bedroom and gigging amps. They're too loud for most bedroom players, and not enough clean headroom for giggers. And they are definitely not voiced for metal.

All tube amps are too loud for most bedroom players. And an amp doesn't have to be "voiced for metal" to get a good metal tone out of it. And the OD definitely sounds better than any other amp in that price range.
Quote by brleealbright
All tube amps are too loud for most bedroom players.

I know. That's why I almost never recommend one for them.

Quote by brleealbright
And an amp doesn't have to be "voiced for metal" to get a good metal tone out of it..

You can coax a decent one. But it's not the amp for metal, in that price range, as some people put it.

Quote by brleealbright
And the OD definitely sounds better than any other amp in that price range.

No. Go play some more amps.
if I was you I would continue to save till your able to get a very good amp.. something like a Bugera 6262 w/cab is $800.. or you could save to $600 and get a Peavey 6505+ 112 combo amp.
ESP EC-Clockwork Zombie
Ibanez RG2EX1
B.C. Warbeast 1 (my first guitar!)
ENGL Fireball 100
Tube amp too loud for bedroom? Nonsense.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!