Ok pit, I have a problem. I just got Protools for christmas and I can't install it cause I need about 400 more mb of RAM. Is there a way I can delete stuff to make room of do I have to buy more?

Any actual help would be appreciated.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Can't delete stuff to make more room in yer RAM, son. Have to put more in, unless increasing the size of your paging file will help?
RAM is insanely cheap nowadays squire, just go fetch some
Woot! New Zealand...
Quote by incarnation
Ok pit, I have a problem. I just got Protools for christmas and I can't install it cause I need about 400 more mb of RAM. Is there a way I can delete stuff to make room of do I have to buy more?

Any actual help would be appreciated.
You need to buy RAM and lock it in the appropriate connectors on your motherboard within your PC case.

I'm sure you mean you need more space on your hard drive. If so you can do a disk clean up, and yes, deleting things on your computer will allow you more space. Only delete if you don't need it on there.

If you need more RAM, then you need to go and buy some more. Which is it you need, MB or RAM?
I believe he means 400 mb free on his hard drive. And if you have less than 1 gig free on your hard drive, you have problems anyway.

Anyway, find folders full of mostly text files and right click the folder. Click Properties, then the Advanced button. Check "Compress files to save disk space." If you have a large amount of text files or executables in there, it should free up a good amount of space. But probably not 400 mb.

Go buy a cheap flash drive and put a few gigs of stuff on it. Go to My Computer, then on the left, Add or Remove Programs. I'm sure there's a few hundred megs of forgotten programs that you don't need.

And also, music you don't listen to is a big one. Look in your media player library. Do you have doubles of a lot of songs? I've had over a gig of doubles before from file converting and whatnot.

There are a lot of things.

If it's RAM you need, you gotta go buy some, son. There's no way you'd go over $60. 1 gig of DDR SDRAM is $40 depending on where you look, and 2 gigs of DDR2 is about $50 depending. Pretty good value.

Also, computer thread. Haha.
Ram problem you say?

BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
I read the title and realised this should be in the sex thread or computer help thread.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
omg lol

If you need more RAM or more MBs, you should think about getting new computer