can you guys school me on it, I was messing around with it at guitar center hooked up to a shity spider amp, but it was amazing, the weight was so perfect, the feel, the looks, and it had a custom job on it so it had stripes with skulls, it was so badass
Last edited by Kid Lucas at Dec 27, 2009,
Meh...I personally don't like how it looks. But it plays and sounds nice. It's a nice guitar.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Schecters guitars are, imo atleast, amazing. Never went wrong with one. They are perfect for me, and god do i love Schecter.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
i like schecters, but the gates one is a bit too extravagant. i dont like all of the pinstripes and how it says syn on the fretboard. what happens if you end up not liking avenged sevenfold?
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
The last time I played one was like a year and a half ago, I remember the neck being quite nice, I couldn't say for tone since I remember playing through an SS amp. I like the look and finish, I don't mind A7X or Synyster, but I can't stand the fact that it says "Syn" on the fretboard. lol that's just purely my own opinion though.

If you like it then I'd say go for it. If you're looking for other options I could say go for an Ibanez RG if you like thin flat necks, and locking trems.
Schector?
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
I hate it, but then again, I was once compared to an aging hipster in terms of my musical preferences, so discount my opinion entirely
and can anyone explain the difference between the "custom" 999$ version and the standard 699$ version

I would greatly appreciate it
Syn STD:
# Construction/Scale: Bolt-On / 25.5 inches
# Body: Mahogany
# Neck/Fingerboard: Maple/Rosewood
# Frets: 24 Jumbo
# Inlays: Synyster
# Pickups: Duncan Designed HB-108
# Electronics: Vol/Tone/3-Way
# Bridge: Licensed Floyd Rose
# Binding: Black
# Tuners: Grover
# Hardware: Black

Syn CUST:
# Construction: Set-Neck
# Scale: 25.5 inch
# Body: Mahogany
# Neck: Mahogany
# Fingerboard: Rosewood
# Frets: 24 Jumbo
# Inlays: Synyster
# Pickups: Seymour Duncan Custom Invaders
# Electronics: Volume, Tone, 3-Way pickup selector switch
# Bridge Original Floyd Rose
# Binding: Black
# Tuners: Grover
# Hardware: Black

Basically, the custom would allow for better access to the higher frets (depending on the type of bolt on) the custom has real seymour duncan pickups vs the duncan designed on the standard. The standard has a licensed floyd rose, now I don't know about the quality of scheter's licensed floyd, but I can tell the the OFR on the custom is better. and the custom is probably made somewhere with better quality control (not sure where though)

EDIT: and the site I found this on is fail lol, the Syn custom also has an ebony fretboard vs the rosewood on the standard.
Last edited by siverstorm at Dec 27, 2009,
ughhh idk. i didnt think it was all that great personally.

as far as sigs go id say the alexi 600 is the bes sig on the market right now.
Quote by Kid Lucas
QUESTION: Does the synyster come left handed at all?

Nope. Not at all.

Btw, my name is also Lucas, I am also left-handed, and also posed the same question to UG for ages :P
Here's what I ended up finding:

Schecter Avenger FR (White)
Pretty much exactly the same, except it has the EMG-81TW/89 set, which is far superior to the Seymour Duncan Invader set.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
The black and white one is super sexy.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
i've messed with it and its pretty nice. i have essentially the same guitar (with cosmetic differences) and it sounds nice. i think mine has a thicker neck though...i personally like the way it looks, but the fact that its someone elses guitar throws me off.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Yeah, I can see that. They only signature guitars I'd buy would be Skwisgaars Gibson Explorer, Patrick Stumps Stump-o-matic, and Jimi's woodstock custom strat
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
Quote by metallica2296

No Michael Romeo's signature Squier is the best sig evar!!!!!
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Nope. Not at all.

Btw, my name is also Lucas, I am also left-handed, and also posed the same question to UG for ages :P
Here's what I ended up finding:

Schecter Avenger FR (White)
Pretty much exactly the same, except it has the EMG-81TW/89 set, which is far superior to the Seymour Duncan Invader set.

very very interesting, and good suggestion there, would it be freaky if I ended up with that schecter
Get the C-1 EX. Six strings are just so tame. Tearing up a pick by grinding on my baritone B string is heavenly.
Yeah, I could rock that. And you cant go wrong with schecter
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Kid Lucas
very very interesting, and good suggestion there, would it be freaky if I ended up with that schecter

Not really, I never ended up getting one :P
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
i like the shape. its pretty nifty, other than that it looks disgusting with all that band related stuff on it.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
schecter is pretty awesome. i got myself the white one.sounds great.feels great,looks great.it's like a blackjack combined with a hellraiser,know what i mean? shape of a hellraiser and pickups of a blackjack.(or passive pickups) becos the hellraiser comes with an active pickups.
Quote by metallica2296

Jeff Loomis Sig.
The Custom Gates I played certainly played well, but it was visually a bit over the top. You'd have to be a real fan to pony up the money for it, but it seems like a good guitar. I've never come across the bolt-neck version. I'd rather have the set neck and the ebony fretboard anyway.
The Custom although lovely, isnt even the exact Syn uses: He uses one with a Fernades Sustainer unit fitted, with two extra toggle switches on the guitar.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car