hey im thinking of getting the epi lp zw bullseye. i like the weight and size of the epi les pauls im currently playing the epi black beauty. will the emgs in the zw give me a better metal tone i use an gt8 so it can all be tweaked.

thanks guys
What type of amp do you use? Active pickups aren't always the answer for a heavy tone depending on your amp and pedals. Personally, since my amp is an old solid state, it really screams a heavy tone with passive pickups, while EMG's sound very muddy to me. As with any sig, paying for a name will come into play, seeing as if it wasn't a ZW guitar it would immediately be worth less. Maybe you can find a similar LP guitar but cheaper and with passives? Depends on your gear.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
im running a peavey bandit 112 transtube (80watt). i also was looking at an esp ltd ec1000.
Quote by stekwondo
hey im thinking of getting the epi lp zw bullseye. i like the weight and size of the epi les pauls im currently playing the epi black beauty. will the emgs in the zw give me a better metal tone i use an gt8 so it can all be tweaked.

thanks guys

replacing the pickups in your epi with emgs would be a cheaper solution imo

edit: i'd get the LTD over the wylde sig anyday :p
Epi Zakk sig only has EMG passives, and they sound like shit regardless of your rig. Actives will sound like shit with your current rig. They only find their full potential with an all-tube, naturally hi-gain amp.
The EMGs in the Epi are passive, not the actives that everyone uses. I would recommend looking for a PDF file called GT-8 Brilliance to really help you get the best out of the GT-8. That's the first step I would take to getting a better metal tone.
Oh really? Those aren't even actives? Ouch, lol.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
if i was going for all toobz what should i be looking at? marshall engl peavey?