Well I turned on my amp and maxed my guitar's volume knob to notice a strange humming sound. I turned off the amp, removed my cables, then unscrewed the plate protecting the input jack. The input thingy that "holds" the cable in place inside the jack literally disconnected and broke off of a single red cable right at the tip. How much is this going to cost to repair, or how would I go about this alone? I still have the input device that broke off of the cable.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
pics would help
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
if i think what it is...

You could try soldering it again yourself.

I had a similar problem with my crappy strat copy. I just went into a music store and the dude fixed it after like 2 days for like $15 AUD. Then it broke again. So I decided i needed a new guitar so i bought new one anyways.
^ this is the best answer, if you don't have a soldering iron then go to Lowes, Radio Shack... You don't need a new guitar if your output jack breaks, unless you have a crappy strat copy
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
this happened to me on my ibanez. just sauhter it back on.

pics would help but it would be easy to repair if its wat i think.
Laguna > I'm sure pics would help Einstein, I was just looking for posts that actually help. A random kid will just redirect pointless stuff onto a thread, instead of investing any help whatsoever.

Okay so I've came to understand I need an Iron to rebind the socket to the wire, I can either pay a guitar place $30 to do it, or pay around $10 myself. Probably gonna do it myself considering I will be able to avoid this in the future. Unfortunately, my guitar is much nicer that a strat copy, shame that this happened without much tampering. Thanks.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
just a lil suggestion, make sure u iron it on carefully so u dont mess it up worse then it is, but good luck.
Quote by Lagunaguitar
pics would help

+1

Quote by bloodycomfort
Laguna > I'm sure pics would help Einstein, I was just looking for posts that actually help. A random kid will just redirect pointless stuff onto a thread, instead of investing any help whatsoever.

Okay so I've came to understand I need an Iron to rebind the socket to the wire, I can either pay a guitar place $30 to do it, or pay around $10 myself. Probably gonna do it myself considering I will be able to avoid this in the future. Unfortunately, my guitar is much nicer that a strat copy, shame that this happened without much tampering. Thanks.

Actually pics would help a great deal since obviously you have no idea what you're doing and I literally have no idea if you're talking about your guitar or your amp!

If we had a picture it would be easier for us to say if you just need to re-solder the connection or if it would be better to get a new higher quality input jack which sounds like it may be the case. We might also help you find a place where you could order the new jack. But frankly since you're being such a twat about it.. figure it out for yourself..
Last edited by BobDetroit at Dec 27, 2009,
Quote by BobDetroit
+1

Actually pics would help a great deal since obviously you have no idea what you're doing and I literally have no idea if you're talking about your guitar or your amp!

If we had a picture it would be easier for us to say if you just need to re-solder the connection or if it would be better to get a new higher quality input jack which sounds like it may be the case. We might also help you find a place where you could order the new jack. But frankly since you're being such a twat about it.. figure it out for yourself..

It's okay, I got it figured now. Considering that there is only 1 cable near the input jack itself, it couldn't have been too hard to figure out what I was talking about.

I apologize for coming off as a douche, I do realize that pictures would help but if they were a possibility they would have been included immediately.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Last edited by bloodycomfort at Dec 28, 2009,