So my band finally has almost everything we need to start playing small shows and such, excluding a decent bass amp(and a lead guitarist ). Right now he just has a practice amp you get in those horrid packages and I was going to help him get a nicer one. I have no clue about bass amp brands or whats good so here I am. We play melodic metal, and can probably go to up too $500. Suggestions?
XBL? Add me: RenegadeSynxx
if you have a good craigslist, look for a used gallien krueger RB series head...you can probably pick up a used bass cab ( get a 410 - which means 4 ten inch speakers) and a 500 RB GK head for about that much cash.

look into a GK 700RB head...i bet you could pick one up used for 300...then finding a good used cab shouldn't be too hard...as long as it has decent speakers in it
They're are going to be 2 guitarists, but it's just me for now. I have a 120W Peavey amp. Also, it doesn't bother me if its a combo or stack. Either one is better than what we have now anyways.
XBL? Add me: RenegadeSynxx
They're decent, quality amps for the money. Not particularly amazing, but they'll keep the user happy until he/she wants and can afford something bigger+better.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by TheTortured
They're decent, quality amps for the money. Not particularly amazing, but they'll keep the user happy until he/she wants and can afford something bigger+better.

This.

This amp is actually going to be my first bass amp (I have a B100 right now that I picked up yesterday to hold me over until my B200 arrives via UPS, but thats only for a week)
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.